1996 Colnago Tecnos decor build

And to complicate further, not all Tecnos had crimped tubes. I have a round tube Tecnos, built from Tange tubing, owned from new. It's a '94, bought in '95 in the early season sale.

BigFoz":kjpjftdn said:
And to complicate further, not all Tecnos had crimped tubes. I have a round tube Tecnos, built from Tange tubing, owned from new. It's a '94, bought in '95 in the early season sale.

True! i've seen that model too, further complicates whether my frame is a tecnos, decor tecnos or decor. I've also seen bikes with the round tange tubing but badged simply 'decor' :LOL:

Wasn't "Decor" the paint option - you could have plain (like mine) or "Decor" paint job, which tended to be a bit lary and non-plain!

BigFoz":22jzlv2c said:
Wasn't "Decor" the paint option - you could have plain (like mine) or "Decor" paint job, which tended to be a bit lary and non-plain!

Well yes and no ! I have seen a couple of decor badged models with distinctly basic paintjobs, not in the style of the 'art decor' models / option. That's why I'm no wiser as to the exact model of mine ! Not that i'll lose sleep over it though :LOL:

Nah. All of mine are sublime rides. The Master X-Lite is silky smooth, but is actually one size too small. Longer stem etc on it, but I know...

The Tecnos is my main workhorse, has been for 17 years. Fits like a glove and still rides nicest of all the bikes

The CT2 is different - a lot stiffer with the carbon rear end and oversized Ti main triangle, yet not harsh. It's the race bike, so gets used least.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well spotted, it is indeed nigh on identical. Maybe a batch were made up in this colour (which Colnago didn't have a standard colour code for) for a bunch of riders in the Netherlands....

Good to see, far more than I paid for mine too ;)

Back