British Steel

NeilM":3vcql4uu said:
nevadasmith":3vcql4uu said:
I'd go to Argos if you are in Bristol - a frame like that deserves the finest Stove Enamel :D

I've heard good and bad about them, otherwise it would be my first choice.

I've only heard that they take a long time - but to be fair they are very upfront with this and tell you that when you turn up a when the frame will be ready and don't bother phoning up before - you can't fault that in my book.

Click on links below to my Nigel Dean and Ritchey Road Logic - both great examples of their work, the Dean especially needed them to mix the paint to get the brown/gold sparkle and the flouro forks are retina burning :D

That certainly is impressive work, especially the Nigel Dean.

As I posted earlier, my son and I are going to attend the Bristol show, and Argos are there, so I'll have a chat. In the meantime, I have to get the decal set organised.

It's here!

Only posted yesterday, and it arrived at 8.30am...impressive.

I have to say, I didn't realise a steel frame could be so light.

Found a small hole in the top tube, so I think that clinches it for Argos. Now I need to do a bit of research on the history, and decide on a colour scheme.

DSC_0175.JPG

The Hole.
DSC_0177.JPG

You mentioned you would be going to the bespoked show in bristol..?

Have a word with Chas whilst you are there.

Cool frame,and im sure you will love it. Good score.. :cool:

sinnerman":21ugsy1d said:
You mentioned you would be going to the bespoked show in bristol..?

Have a word with Chas whilst you are there.

Cool frame,and im sure you will love it. Good score.. :cool:

Will do.

I've got the frame number, and was intending to e-mail him today to see if I can get an age (1993 from other posts I've read).

It's going to be ridden and definitely not a garage queen...that honour goes to my GT STS-2. :oops:

That's a very nice frame, shame about the small hole, especially as it wasn't mentioned on the listing!

Its going to look superb once its refinished and built up.

What's your initial thoughts on colours? Are you going to stick with the white and green?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Chas about a stem so i"m hoping that doesn't cost a fortune!

Giom6":1qqo5pzq said:
What's your initial thoughts on colours? Are you going to stick with the white and green?

I haven't decided yet. The scheme was used (apparently) on some / a team bike(s). So there may be some historical significance.

If not, then I will probably keep the CR pattern of one colour front and another back, but most likely go for an eye blistering orange front with black on the stays. Then quite a lot of black hardware.

I would stick with the white and green if thats the original colour of the bike but the orange and black sounds intriguing. Could look very cool.

I'm going to be boring on mine and stick with the classic black and white.

A darker metallic green at the back would look good, but the white....., it's just like every other D.O.G.S....

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the black and white, but I'd like to do something a little more... ME :twisted:

Cool. Its all about stamping your own look and feel on the bikes. If that works for you then do it :)

I have to admit, I'm too much of a purist with these things and thats definitely not always the best thing :?

Back