Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

Fab bike & the paint is simply stunning!

Take it easy on those cheap Mosso forks though. Theyre light & beautifully finished. . . but sadly, not very strong.
Use them for road work & light trails & they'll be fine, but i wouldn't trust them (again) for "proper" off road riding . . . mine broke at the crown when used over one of my fave gnarly trails & a mate's has cracks in the crown welds after just a few good rides over the Mendips.
I had a new set sent to me FOC & theyre currently on my '97 GT which i only use on the road.

. . . they can be had for just £35 incl' delivery direct from China on Fleabay, so i dont suppose you can expect too much. . .

i got to see the bike at the lakes ride. and it was stunning.

just bought an attitude. :D

lets see what all the purists make of it.

nice to meet you andy.

Adroit of not

I hate to jump in late on this topic but I went through something similar back in the 70s when I started riding a BMW motorcycle. The purists said it was not a true BMW because it had a telscopic fork and did not have the frame lugs to accept a sidecar. Apparently the true BMWs had Earles forks. Then I started riding a BMW GS model designed for dual sport use. Now the 70s vintage guys joined in with the rejection, didn't like my nontraditional BMW dirt bike. You factory applied labe indicates what it is just as mine did. The purists can consider what year if they feel it is important.

My question is how you fitted what I assume is a 1.125" stem into the MC2 system.

I stumbled upon this topic while researching an Adroit I'm considering buying. Took me a while, but I've read through the full thread.

I haven't contacted the seller yet, but from what I've read and seen here, I believe it to be a 96 Adroit with the Attitude frame.
First off, I plan to check the serial number and downtube diameter.

He's asking $450 USD - is that too high for a 96 Adroit with the Attitude frame?

Any input is appreciated. I love the older hardtails and recent hard times forced me to sell my beloved 97 Klein Attitude and 96 Gary Fisher Supercaliber.
I really want a bike again, but I don't have money to waste.
Thank you in advance!
Don
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/2909099171.html

bwhsh8r":9ylh2u21 said:
For the Adroit, did you have a custom fork made or did you buy the headset reducers?

I have no idea, I haven't heard back from him and I haven't seen it in person yet.

weloveiggy":3twhw50j said:
bwhsh8r":3twhw50j said:
For the Adroit, did you have a custom fork made or did you buy the headset reducers?

I have no idea, I haven't heard back from him and I haven't seen it in person yet.

I had a shim wrapped around the steerer tube to make the width up.

thanks andy

PS I still can't believe i took a detour to look at a big hole in the ground.

Back