Bontrager Race Lite

benbonty":3iknefep said:
hollister":3iknefep said:
the frame details say 1994

Thanks, I thought either 93 or 94 as mentioned in the first post. When was the front mech roller discontinued?
not too long after yours was made. you have to consider the rest of the details(dropouts, canti hanger style, stops, roller material, etc) along with that to determine the proper age, the printed material and a lot of the stuff on the web isn't definitive for this purpose and cause a lot of people to make mistakes

sinnerman":3iknefep said:
Mate you have a PM.

don't be shy, bontrager info to share?

hollister":35zmq19s said:
not too long after yours was made. you have to consider the rest of the details(dropouts, canti hanger style, stops, roller material, etc) along with that to determine the proper age, the printed material and a lot of the stuff on the web isn't definitive for this purpose and cause a lot of people to make mistakes

Thank you, I've seen a lot of conflicting info over the time I've been a Bontrager fan, the 1997 German Bontrager brochure even shows bikes with the two piece stays! I'm aware of most of the differences and changes over the years, but it nice to get some definitive info from someone in the know!

Wow, I´ve not been here much lately and suddenly there´s a really nice race lite on here!
Looking great, but come on and stay home so you can take some pics for us ;)

Making it SS?

/J

bonty98":d5kavvf8 said:
Wow, I´ve not been here much lately and suddenly there´s a really nice race lite on here!
Looking great, but come on and stay home so you can take some pics for us ;)

Making it SS?

/J

Thanks mate! I got home from work earlier than usual the other day and managed to get a few quick snaps, although I'm not really happy with them! I'm not sure if I'm going to go SS or not..... can't decide!

Wow. Looking good. The real levers on that Bonty stem/bar combo looks so sweet. Almost a shame to put any shifters there.

What kind of brakearch do you have on that mag21? Somthing stiffer that will counterach the skinny hope hub? :)

BTW: I found a 1" mag 21 for my Bonty project. I did however found out that the frame was a 1996 and that it should run a Judy if it should be historical correct...

Yetidh9":2g14080l said:
Wow. Looking good. The real levers on that Bonty stem/bar combo looks so sweet. Almost a shame to put any shifters there.

What kind of brakearch do you have on that mag21? Somthing stiffer that will counterach the skinny hope hub? :)

BTW: I found a 1" mag 21 for my Bonty project. I did however found out that the frame was a 1996 and that it should run a Judy if it should be historical correct...

Thanks man, I was thinking that adding shifters would be a shame too, it looks so clean doesn't it! The brake arch is a KOOKA, I love the looks of it, but I'm not sure it'll help the hub much!

Good work with finding the 1" mag 21! I guess you could run a Judy but it is down to personal choice really, Mag 21's were still available new in 96......

Back