Fat Chance Shock a Billy No. 2 : 056P3SM

You seem happy enough with the purchase Dave..
I said the rear end was a later model.. I snapped the original one.. and the seat tube was regularly WD40'd to prevent corrosion.. looking forward to seeing the final job...the shock was what came with the rear end and it didn't leak so I just made up the mountings so I could use it..

Like the yellow.....im in the keep it camp for what its worth. Also glad to see someone else who cant wait to build up a project then strips it back down and does it all again.....double the enjoyment ;)

That's nice. My pennysworth is that red decals would look really smart if you kept the yellow.

The yellow's now gone, man it's nice to see it without paint. You really get a nice idea of the workmanship and detail of the build from a naked frame.

Interestingly I found the serial which was hidden under a heap of powder-coat.

Serial is 056P3SM

So, that says to me it's a 93, it's Small/Medium, but crucially does the P indicate it might be a Prototype? I know 93 is early for a Shock A Billy but what do you think? 94 Catalogue seems to hint at there being a few 1993 prototypes doing the rounds.

Great to meet you yesterday Dave :cool:

Rick Draper":2ad4zd55 said:
Don't think the P stands for prototype as mine is #19P4ML.

As for the P, I came across this on FAT COGs.. http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9214

This is sort of a guess, but consider the Shock-A was still in development during its first year. Earl Bob's bike's serial number was PROTO2 if I remember correctly. The 'P' in the early bike serial numbers probably represents Prototype and was later changed to 'B' to represent Billy.

I am still a believer in the P been just the model designator initially. Otherwise it would mean we have about 4 prototypes on here!

how about a fluro paintjob :)
Would look lovely in fluro pink faded to deep cobalt purple...
Just did my amp B2 / Mongoose amplifier in fluro yellow... I really dont regret it.. looks just so fresh and mine :)

Back