Build thread: 1993 Kona Explosif

Here we go....

I had a couple of hours free, so I thought I'd put my time to good use. Usually I can get a bike up and running from a pile of parts in under 3 hours, but I'm taking my time on this one....

Anyway.....

I nearly passed out with excitement when I put it together, not too shabby is it?

IMG_3228 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3239 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3245 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

That's all for now though, I'll have to keep y'all in suspense for a few weeks. :D

Always nice to see an old classic being fully restored. congratulations with the result, hope you are satisfied.

Cheers for the compliments! :)

Strange though, I'm surprised that nobody has noticed the mods I've had made to various things before it was sprayed.....

Spot the difference time!

Peterpoddy":336me06b said:

Strange though, I'm surprised that nobody has noticed the mods I've had made to various things before it was sprayed.....

Hmmm...

Cable stop & guide removed from the stem
Open "cable" guides on the top tube

Which possibly means Maguras, and not canti's...

Peterpoddy":2sskadon said:

Some of the the Flickr pics don't seem to be working... :-(

TedC":cyjzbtx8 said:
Peterpoddy":cyjzbtx8 said:

Hmmm...

Cable stop & guide removed from the stem
Open "cable" guides on the top tube

Which possibly means Maguras, and not canti's...

10/10.

Well deduced, Watson!

Rob, pics hopefully now fixed. This set of pics has been giving me stress for some reason.... :?

I'm not slacking on this, it's just that I've been away from home for so long I've simply not had the time to touch it. It's sitting waiting in the stand in the garage.... :oops:

You can have another pic though!

IMG_3234 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Back