1993 Orange Clockwork LX

minor_LEGEND

Senior Retro Guru
I just wanted to show off my latest purchase, an ebay sourced 93 Clockwork LX I found 10 miles away.

A Friday night viewing revealed it to be as mint as you can expoect for a 19 year old mountain bike. That led to a bid on the Sunday evening as the auction finished & she was mine.

I've cleaned a few areas (behind canti bosses & removed some old stickers) & nipped out on it a couple times seeing as my car is off the road over the weekend.

pics;

059.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

052.jpg

051.jpg

It needs a few new cables & outers & I want to swap the USE onto my 'best'; bike & find a regular micro adjust Kally unit to go on here. A longer Sk8 stem is on its way also.

None of my riding buddies had steel Oranges back in the day, it's interesting to see some nice design features in the frame.

Nice bike - real time warp :D

That LX Groupset is great stuff too - works great, looks good and is pretty light too. Enjoy!

Very Nice.... and beat me to it!! I was out when it ended and forgot to bid again argh...love the colour, look forward to seeing it looked after :D Congrats :cry:

Great stuff, as mentioned looks like a really original/time warp example, i'd be delighted with that as it is.

maybe some orange cable outers though

nevadasmith":3m9hzhml said:
That LX Groupset is great stuff too - works great, looks good and is pretty light too. Enjoy!

Fully agree, i built my 91 Clockwork with black LX to get it running and gradually upgrade later, that was over two years ago, it works too well to change anything :)

Really nice, fella :cool:

My first clockwork arrived at the weekend too. Need to buy ALL the parts before I can ride it though.... :LOL:

Was watching this and if it'd been bigger I'd have had a go. I dream of finding a 19" orange/white fade 92 in this condition! Yours looks a belter.

Oh, and let me know if you're selling the stem ;)

Back