Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

This in from Gail & Andrew from the Kinlochewe Hotel and Bunkhouse

Thank you for your words of support regarding "velomaniac"'s previous comments. He has now apologised to us privately and we have accepted his apology.
We hope you will all have a great trip to Torridon and enjoy the wonderful scenery and demanding cycling that we have to offer. We have a good selection of real ales and malt whiskies in the pub to ease the pain of all the hills - and, yes, we do still have accommodation available in the hotel and in the bunkhouse!
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Gail & Andrew,
Kinlochewe Hotel and Bunkhouse"

So think that nicely draws a line under things.

Sounds like it should be a great trip chaps :)

I apologised privately which means it was private between Kinlochewe and me :roll:

I look forward greatly to my visit to Kinlochewe Bunkhouse and hope to provide evidence to the proprietors of said establishment that my reputation of bad manners/grumpyness and tight fistedness portrayed either in fact or fiction is ill deserved.

I probably need cancel this. But assure you I have genuine reason, quiet tight with travelling to Poland every two weeks now. 10utb from events only this year for me I'm affraid. Really sorry guys, I was really looking forward for this one.

with radek out, is there any lift-share options for me??

happy to drive (it was my turn anyway)
my route leaving Lanarkshire, Glasgow, on the A80/M80/M9/A9
happy to make a reasonable detour on the above to offset the diesel
would also take the friday off, leave early and have a ride at Laggan or Cairngorms etc if this appeals

anyone?

aye, let's see if we can't sort something out...

5 of us out east coast:

gmac - Lanarkshire
ZZ - Falkirk
Velo - Edinburgh
Rob - Leven
TK - Dundee

I'd offered to pick up velo since he's car-less. I'm thinking we need 2 cars for the 5 of us?

Fine by me either way, I'm happy to drive too if need be. could also do an A9 meet point if we want to really be efficient but 5 might be uncomfortable. I have that friday off already so can leave any time.

1 question though, is Lanarkshire east coast? How is Kaiser and Gazz getting there.

Back