Kildale Cake Run the Aftermath

That was a great day's riding, we had 3 seasons in 1 day with the weather, but it didn't spoil it, great to see everyone, looking forward to temple newsam :D

Thanks all, a good day out that confirmed what I already suspected, I am really unfit, a ride every two months just don't cut it!! Route was a tad muddy but as I passed the area late this afternoon it had a covering of snow, the bike's clean and shiny again ready for another day (hopefully a drier one) good to see you all, thanks again,
Darren.

Looks like it was another quality ride, good turnout, and excellent scenery, loving the pics with Roseberry Topping in the distance :)

Looking forward to making it out for a ride in the near future.

A massive thanks to Vern for a great ride and the cake was delicious. It was really brilliant to spend a good day with some of the friendliest and most helpful riders.

See you next weekend, I'm looking forward to it

Tintin, what you cannot see is what happened next.
There is what looks to be a small rock just in front of me, so while posing for the camera and going down the simple but not quite looking what I'm doing rocky route.
The bike stopped quickly on that said rock.

Well lets just say my arm has some long scabs, now healing up, and my Goretex jacket has two large cuts in it :LOL: . Which is not bad considering it's a retro jacket (trek) some ~18 years old.
Needless to say I told Vern off for not getting the pics and worrying to much if I was ok.

:LOL: Takes me back to the first peaks ride. I went over the bars twice :oops:

Shame about the jacket

Back