Fitness and weight loss milestone passed yesterday....

you are right any kind of exercise is good to loose weight , and a calory controlled diet too .

but after a while it wont be enough and to achieve specifc targets you would have to put more thoughs into training .

no need to get all excited about it all . :roll:

Rob is doing really well , and what he is doing is working really great for him .

I'm aiming to lose around another 28lbs. I don't think I'll ever get to what the charts say is my ideal weight as I still have the sprinting muscles (which I kinda like - I tagged along with my roadie buddy one day - he does 21min 10 mile TT's and is super fit, but I dropped him like a stone on a sprint :) ) but 12st would be very nice. I've already half way ish so it'll be awesome to get to that.

I can't go too thin anyway as I have a MASSIVE head - I have a pic of me at university when I was very thin with bleached hair and I look like an albino ChupaChups lolly. :shock: :D

I'll be in ace shape for the summer and it's going to be a lifelong change for me. I've got 2 expensive shirts I bought years ago which I am aiming to fit into which will be fantastic.

If anyone else is in the same position, you know you're overweight and you want to sort yourself out, I'll not say it's easy, becuase it isn't. It takes a lot of determination and will power, and when the tough days come you've got to remember what you're doing it for and not give up. I found the first 3/4 weeks hard but there have been a few days since then when the temptation for a takeaway or chocolate has been huge, but so far I've stuck with it.

cchris2lou":1uqgju4p said:
you are right any kind of exercise is good to loose weight , and a calory controlled diet too .

but after a while it wont be enough and to achieve specifc targets you would have to put more thoughs into training .
And you think the "fat burning zone" is the panacea to achieve most specific training goals for people who've been at it a while?
cchris2lou":1uqgju4p said:
no need to get all excited about it all . :roll:
I called you out on spouting categoric info as nonsense - I was factually correct - it helps nobody, stifles understanding and misrepresents the situation.

What actually helps is not getting all frothy at the mouth when somebody correctly points out that you're wrong, and moving on, and not proliferating the misleading stuff again.

Facts help - not bro-science.

Rob Atkin":223bpa2l said:
I'm aiming to lose around another 28lbs. I don't think I'll ever get to what the charts say is my ideal weight as I still have the sprinting muscles (which I kinda like - I tagged along with my roadie buddy one day - he does 21min 10 mile TT's and is super fit, but I dropped him like a stone on a sprint :) ) but 12st would be very nice. I've already half way ish so it'll be awesome to get to that.

I can't go too thin anyway as I have a MASSIVE head - I have a pic of me at university when I was very thin with bleached hair and I look like an albino ChupaChups lolly. :shock: :D

I'll be in ace shape for the summer and it's going to be a lifelong change for me. I've got 2 expensive shirts I bought years ago which I am aiming to fit into which will be fantastic.

If anyone else is in the same position, you know you're overweight and you want to sort yourself out, I'll not say it's easy, becuase it isn't. It takes a lot of determination and will power, and when the tough days come you've got to remember what you're doing it for and not give up. I found the first 3/4 weeks hard but there have been a few days since then when the temptation for a takeaway or chocolate has been huge, but so far I've stuck with it.
Rob - great progress, solid word of advice, and a good plan going forward.

An extremely good resource for diet and nutritional information is Lyle's forums.

the fat burnig zone might not be the p thing you said , but it does help .

and I dont think I was wrong , I am never wrong . :LOL:

cchris2lou":2x892pu5 said:
the fat burnig zone might not be the p thing you said , but it does help .
Help with what though?

If it does help, it's not because fat is the energy source.
cchris2lou":2x892pu5 said:
and I dont think I was wrong , I am never wrong . :LOL:
Think of this as an exception then.

Well done Rob :D

I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you but find it hard to find time to excercise as i drive all day for a living :?

I weigh 16 stone & found running too hard on my knees from the impact (old war wound) so have to use the excercise bike & various excercises i can do at home as and when.

I'll get there though :)

during 1998 i started riding to work instead of driving.....i stuck at it for four years, lost four stones in weight and felt great......it takes discipline and commitment but is all worth it in the end!.....keep it up old chap!.... :D

Back