1994 Kona Lava Dome. Posh part package fitted......

loads of bits turned up today.........

IMG_1439.jpg

need to finish the forks and get the decals and i can get it finished......

its coming together exactly how i wanted it!

Nice.

Like the black and white theme.

It's always the same it seems, whether bikes, motorbikes, cars or whatever. There are those who think that every machine should remain exactly as it left the dealer, and those (like me) who love to personalise / customise.

I've always thought that as long as no radical changes are made to the basic frame, and if you're smart enough to keep all the original bits, then someone else can always restore it to factory standard at some point.

At least it will be ridden. Just think of all those nice bikes gently rotting away in sheds and garages, or worse, those that found their way into skips and scrap yards.

LOVE THIS!
I am on one hand a purist as I love seeing OE spec minters, then again I LOVE seeing retro rigs wearing brand new comps.

Nice work mr_mr what you have there is a superb looking retromod steed.
:cool: :cool:

Thanks guys! finished the forks today more or less, bar the graphics, I'll pop some more pics up when I get in later.

here is what ive done today.......

finished stripping the z4s down and given them a spruce.

IMG_1452.jpg

machine polished the crown and arch

IMG_1450.jpg

painted the lowers white

IMG_1453.jpg

look really good in the flesh......

have new decals for them coming too, the chap who is producing the decals is customizing the frame and for decals to match each other and the theme of the bike so im ditching the original orange colour for red.

when i had the frame powdercoated i had the cranks done as well

IMG_1438.jpg

its a nice tough finish and looks smart

i will be going single ring on the front and 8 speed on the rear so had the dmr chain reactor i have powder coated white too, have all new bolts and roller for it to go on.

i think i will eventually go triple ring on the front but im not a lover of it.

cant wait for the rest of the parts to turn up!!

hope you like

jon

heres the front ring setup loosely assembled

IMG_1454.jpg

and installed the headset and have loosely assembled the forks

IMG_1456.jpg

no more bike tonight. im knackerd :)

thanks!

have a week off from it now as im working away next week...... more parts turning up whilst im away.....

Back