Bottecchia Giro d´Italia Model

migueltreze

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I signed in recently to seek info and to explore more about this wonderfull world of classic road bikes. I have recently acquired a late 70´s early 80´s Bottechia is a very good condition for its age. I believe it is a Giro d´Itália model, top of the line along with the professional model. I believe there are some experts here that can tell me more about the bike, I´m not a big expert in classic bikes. I think it is a special model to celebrate the World Championship Title won by Bottecchia in 1966 and the winnings at the Italian Championship in 1964-65-66-67. The frame is totally chromed under the paint job, made in Columbus steel (SL, I think) This bicycle was brought from Italy to my country (Portugal) 8 years ago by the previous owner, and has been very little ridden since then. The fork is in superb condition, beautifully chromed and with no signs of aging. The highlight of this bike is surely the groupset from Zeus. The bicycle is in full operational condition and rides like a dream. It is very light, fast and precise. It´s completely disassembled at present time, for cleaning and lubrication. I have collected info here and there, I blieve the items are as follows:

• Frame size: 57 cm (Seat tube C-T)
• Top tube: 55 cm (C-C)
• Handlebar: 3ttt Grand Prix Italy
• Stem: 3ttt Italy
• Brakes: Zeus Super Cronos
• Break levers: Zeus
• Front derailleur: Zeus Criterium
• Rear derailleur: Zeus 2000
• Bottom bracket: Zeus 2000
• Shifters: Zeus Gran Sport
• Cranks: Zeus Gran Sport
• Headset: Zeus New Racer
• Pedals: Zeus New Racer
• Hubs: Zeus New Racer
• Quick release: Zeus
• Seatpost: Zeus 27 mm
• Rims: Mavic 192
• Dropouts: Gipiemme
• Saddle: San Marco Laser
• Tires: Michelin Classic

sam2125g.jpg

sam2145.jpg

sam2133y.jpg

sam2128.jpg

sam2127o.jpg

botaa.jpg

I don´t know if I will keep her to myself or if I will sell this bike on Ebay. But for now it´s time for some cleaning and fun.

Just started to assemble the bike, after cleaning and lubrication. I got a Zeus 2000 rear derailleur, and a friend sold me a San Marco Concor Supercorsa NOS, that was sitting in a box for the past 26 years.

I´m waiting for the Zeus brake levers and new tyres to complete the bike.

sam2321a.jpg

sam2308v.jpg

[/img]

Just got the brake levers. I have decided to assemble everything, while I wait for the tires and bar tape. For now, I will only place the 52T chainring, trying to make the bike cleaner, simple and lighter. Some pics:

]
sam2376.jpg

sam2385b.jpg

sam2386s.jpg

sam2389.jpg

Thanks. Yes, I really like the components, and for what I have been told they match the quality of Campagnolo at the time. Very light and perfect finish. I will post the total weight of the bike after completion.

I´ve finished the assembly. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, bike was shot after a little rain and my camera is not a very good one.

sam2393q.jpg

sam2392.jpg

sam2394n.jpg

Back