1998 Tiny Slimy Orange Clockwork

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
The Tiny Slimy Clockwork

The quest for a suitably little bike for my GF led me to a Gumtree advert (Thanks Brocklanders) for a slime green Orange Clockwork. Thinking it would look good next to my singlespeed P7 project (which is in bits at the mo), and given I bloody love Oranges, I made a cheeky offer and picked it up yesterday. Paint is very good but it's a proper bitsa, with plenty of original parts in good nick, and some random and frankly shite bits too. Like the blue front end...

Avid V's work well, and the seatpost is a lovely Orange one that is actually quite light. STX Rear mech is functional. It's got a brand new BB and chain. I even quite like the chunky Altus cranks in a kind of White Industries way...

A root through the parts bin saw an Orange stem/Supercross 2 bar put on, some XLite Discos and top cap - and replaced the "Terry by Selle Royale" sofa saddle with a Flite - which is totally unsuitable for my GF but I just couldn't keep such a monstrosity of a saddle on the bike. Also put on some Orange Friction Addiction grips which are a bit of a favourite.

Wheels are utterly rubbish. Front is a seriously hefty BSO level hub on a Rigida Safety Line DP2000 (whatever that may be) with 8mm bolts holding it in. Rear is a boggo Shimano on the same rim. Does have a new cassette though, Figure it would have worn STX parallax when new.

The RST Team 461 are good in so far as they are holding the wheel on. It stops there though. Not sure which team ever ran these, they probably didn't get very far. On the plus side they are really rather minty. They are however completely rubbish.

Plans for the bike

> Shorter stem to decrease the reach
> Ladies saddle
> LX/Tioga beartraps
> New wheels
> Possibly an STXRC Chainset if I can find one.
> Swap the fork for an F7 rigid.

Oh, and will also probably take the decals off and splatter red ano all over :twisted:

The "Before" shot"

IMAG0158.jpg

The "That's better" shot"

IMAG0159.jpg

Nice little bike, will look better with shorter stem. Same forks as came on my 1998 O2, and same colour as my missus 1999 Evo2.

you can't beat slime green & red ano! mine has just had its last part fitted this morning (bad light doesn't show it of properly!)

P3050474.jpg

fresh decals to fit tomorrow then its done!

Back