Brodie climbMax ( Book cover bike )

hi
got a set of scratch and sniff tires in the mail the other day. would they be acceptable to use on my climbmax? just not sure of the colours in the labelling. was thinking might work because of the incestuous relationship with kona in the 1990 brochure. can anyone tell me when these tires first made an appearance on the market?

can't take credit for the splatter paint on rear. saw it here on retrobike. ;)
roy

Attachments

• S&S Tires.jpg
    S&S Tires.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,372
Retro_Roy":2ixqkkpy said:
hi
got a set of scratch and sniff tires in the mail the other day. would they be acceptable to use on my climbmax? just not sure of the colours in the labelling. was thinking might work because of the incestuous relationship with kona in the 1990 brochure. can anyone tell me when these tires first made an appearance on the market?

can't take credit for the splatter paint on rear. saw it here on retrobike. ;)
roy

When i bought my TBG explosif back in the day, i swopped the standard spec"d Maximum and Reaction tyres before collecting the bike. ( i didnt go much on the need to have a wider front tyre compared to the back, this was supposed to benefit the effects of the straight blade fork.)

The tyre i chose to replace it with was the Panaracer Timbuk II, same width front and rear, and kevlar.

I mention it because i notice the Brodies came spec"d with the Maximum and Reaction tyres.

The Timbuk IIs were availiable then and still are today. (First Flight bikes).

Attachments

• pananracer_timbuk_2s_600.jpg
    pananracer_timbuk_2s_600.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,346
Roy, probably not period correct, but I think you should get THESE TYRES (top one) for the Brodie!!! ;)

IMG_15313.JPG

RockiMtn":3f4j5xof said:
Roy, probably not period correct, but I think you should get THESE TYRES (top one) for the Brodie!!! ;)

IMG_15313.JPG

No.................blackwalls? imho i couldnt disagree more.

hi
personally i think amber walls are the way i will go. but the thought has crossed my mind. ;)
roy

Attachments

• Tires 001.JPG
    Tires 001.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,252
Retro_Roy":264ch5v3 said:
hi
personally i think amber walls are the way i will go. but the thought has crossed my mind. ;)
roy

really don't understand why the love for amber/skin walls. goes hand in hand with xt thumbs i guess. :roll: :p

come on, how cool for your climbmax having climbmax tyres on it??? :LOL:

hi
ambers make it look BITD i think. if you go back to page one of this thread and look at the catalogue picture of the green/white i'm imitating it had them. but i totally agree with you there. climbmax tires on a climbmax. how cool is that!!! so maybe i'll use them on my other one. :oops:
roy

Attachments

• 5I25L15J33K53me3Jec2i2f3a037e2f1b1a62.jpg
    5I25L15J33K53me3Jec2i2f3a037e2f1b1a62.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,209

Latest posts

Back