Is this Specialized jersey a fake?

Dave_H":2reucel8 said:
None of this is helping Fatal Swan, of course.

No, but it's fascinating all the same and I'm appreciating all your input :) I think I'm with The Ken on this one - those sites all look like they're selling straight out of the far east - no contact addresses, some dodgy English, unusually low prices, etc. Which doesn't automatically make their products fake, but it makes it more likely!

Dave_H":fwxvbyid said:

Very likely, they only seem to take paypal - none have a physical address listed they have odd company names and the contacts just email addresses, very few spelling errors though.

Do you not find it odd that none of the shops you found were the large retailers that you would expect to stock specialized or pearl gear?

Fake clothing industry is huge in china.

Dave_H":36i5hr2c said:
Personally, I'm still only seeing a bloke selling a couple of unused jersey's rather than the front to a major counterfeit operation, so as such don't really see why the seller has any real responsibility for a refund.

I'm not suggesting otherwise.

I think the site highlighted are probably selling fakes, yes. Especially if you compare the prices against the 'genuine' items. As mentioned before a chap in my local club has a full fake Leopard Trek kit which looks pretty good at a quick glance / from a distance.

John":3h5594y2 said:
As mentioned before a chap in my local club has a full fake Leopard Trek kit which looks pretty good at a quick glance / from a distance.

And, of course, what's the greater fake - the shirt on the outside or the rider on the inside? ;) :LOL:

Dave_H":jqsw7scf said:
John":jqsw7scf said:
As mentioned before a chap in my local club has a full fake Leopard Trek kit which looks pretty good at a quick glance / from a distance.

And, of course, what's the greater fake - the shirt on the outside or the rider on the inside? ;) :LOL:

Indeed - the owner is a strong lad to be fair and bought the kit knowing it's a knock off. Not for me though, especially when genuine retrobike kit is available from the shop for a reasonable price ;)

I can sell these fake retro bike tops for only a fiver though john, much more reasonable and you can hardly tell the difference...

Attachments

• RetroTop.jpg
    RetroTop.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 524
The Ken":20p09icz said:
I can sell these fake retro bike tops for only a fiver though john, much more reasonable and you can hardly tell the difference...

:LOL:

"Comes with minor manufacturing flaw, does not affect performance"

The Ken":1l5o99cg said:

Nice work, I suspect these will be a big seller at the car boots around Dundee.

My biggest concern is that it says 'Specialized Cycles' on it. The company is called 'the Specialized Bicycle Company' or SBC so would never write Specialized Cycles on a team jersey.

Also I am with everyone that says that all those sites are fronts for far east fake houses, after all who else would use the logo 'Cycling Wind' to promote their company other than the Chinese:

2011%20specialized%20Cycling%20Jersey%20and%20Short%20Kit.jpg

I'm guessing its like Tennis Elbow but more obvious to the observer.

I'd like a pair of shorts with 'cycling wind' printed on the back. It'd stop those wheel suckers.

Back