sian_roberts_190.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,415
  • sally_timmis_475.jpg
    sally_timmis_475.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,415
  • debs.jpg
    debs.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,415
1995 Brian Rourke 853 - silver solder & lugged construction with Rourke signature wrap-over seat stays.
Built for ex-employee & road team rider when 853 first came out.

Currently being re-built with 'Best of British' - Pace RC30 forks, RC45 stem, X-lite Ti bars, USE Ti post, Hope Ti Glide wheelset, Royce BB & Middleburn cranks.

I think, my Dawes “Edge” and “Edge eXTRa” from 1992 are too cheaply :roll: to start an extra topic of the built-up, but both are manufactured from british steel. :cool:

The 1992 "Edge" was the last with full Reynolds 531 Magnum frame and fork tubes, the 1992 "Edge eXTRa" was the first fillet brazed mtb from Dawes - also the first and the last at the same time with full Reynolds 531 Designer Select frame and fork tubes.

I mean - these bikes are the best they Dawes ever made.

Can I add my newly finished project onto the thread. Its taken a while to complete but finally got there!!!

DSC_1718.jpg

DSC_1707.jpg

DSC_1713.jpg

Caramba Kid":5uxcs1ou said:
1995 Brian Rourke 853 - silver solder & lugged construction with Rourke signature wrap-over seat stays.
Built for ex-employee & road team rider when 853 first came out.

ns3i2804_1280x853_162.jpg

Now that is a real peach of a frame. I love the old school cable guides and stays. Lushly.

Giom6":w7m565i8 said:
Can I add my newly finished project onto the thread. Its taken a while to complete but finally got there!!!

Thanks for adding this - really great inspiration for getting the LLoyd repaired. I actually owned your frame set for a couple of days but passed it on as there was a mix up with pm/dibs so I know what a great job you have done ;)

Dawes-Man":w7m565i8 said:
I mean - these bikes are the best they Dawes ever made.

You are right there - never seen the EdgeXTRa before - smashing bike. I always liked the to spec Dawes MTBs - great looking bikes.

Thans for adding the pictures of the 'Rourke too :D

There are some really good looking bikes on this thread, which has lead me to do some looking about for frames / projects, and I have a question regarding British Steel.

Can someone tell my why Dave Yates frames very rarely come up for sale, and when they do why they are so cheap?

Conversely, Chas Roberts D.O.G.S..... seem plentiful, and yet have a much better s/h value.

Any particular reason for this?

Back