BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offerring excellent condition Batavus Professional kit >>>

6915427751_fa32b39cf0.jpg
6915428729_329d11afc7.jpg

This fine Batavus Professional frame is built using the best quality tubing and frame parts. The frame is built in Batavus small competition frame department in Heerenveen, the Netherlands.

The Professional series were the natural competitor of Gazelle's Champion Mondial line up. The Professional line up was limited to road, cyclo cross, time trial and track frames. Only topmodels, so no economy issues (read: no AB equivilent). The Batavus is more rare, as I think for every Professional Gazelle built 10 Champion Mondials.

Professionals have been raced to world titles and olympic medals on road, field and track.

This Professional frame is finished in blue pearlescent paint and the lug cut outs are enamelled in black. There is black pin striping around the headlugs. Fork and rear dropouts are chromed.

Batavus offered a Dura-Ace or Nuovo Record headset option. This frame includes the Dura-Ace headset. The buyer had the choice of Shimano or Campagnolo shift bosses. This is Shimano. A Professional frame came always with two chromed hex bottle bolts and a Simplex binder bolt. They're all included.

The year is 1980.

Features:
- full Reynolds 531 butted tubing
- Bocama Super Professional long point lugs
- Campagnolo ends and drop outs
- Shimano cable guides on top shell
- Shimano shift bosses
- metal headbadge
- chromed fork and rear dropouts
- blue pearlescent paint
- engravings on top fork crown
- lugs cut outs enamelled in black
- black pin striping
- Seattube 57cm c-t
- Toptube 560mm
- Rear spacing 120mm
- Serial# 0-57-2570

Condition:
Excellent. Frame has been built up, so not NOS, but certainly NOS quality. Hardly used if not not used at all. Stored away dark and dry. Paint with superb gloss, spotless chrome.

Comes with:
- Dura-Ace headset
- original chromed hex bottle bolts
- original Simplex binder bolt

Looking for 330 GBP shipped >>> price drop: 285 GBP including shipping

I will pack using foam tubing and everything will go well padded into a sturdy bike box.

View all pics >>>

Go HERE

6915430505_0664c917ab_b.jpg

6915435351_89c27bf238_b.jpg

6915433407_0b40d3c8d8_z.jpg
6915441345_46cec1e1d9_z.jpg

6915437247_21a6c5b910_z.jpg

I can vouch for Batavus Pro frames....one word....wonderful....and mine was nowhere near as nice as this one.....i've now got a Gazelle but a Bat Pro is special....very special.

Re: 1980 Batavus Professional

Elev12k":1werkl6f said:
Offerring excellent condition Batavus Professional kit >>>

6915427751_fa32b39cf0.jpg
6915428729_329d11afc7.jpg

This fine Batavus Professional frame is built using the best quality tubing and frame parts. The frame is built in Batavus small competition frame department in Heerenveen, the Netherlands.

The Professional series were the natural competitor of Gazelle's Champion Mondial line up. The Professional line up was limited to road, cyclo cross, time trial and track frames. Only topmodels, so no economy issues (read: no AB equivilent). The Batavus is more rare, as I think for every Professional Gazelle built 10 Champion Mondials.

Professionals have been raced to world titles and olympic medals on road, field and track.

This Professional frame is finished in blue pearlescent paint and the lug cut outs are enamelled in black. There is black pin striping around the headlugs. Fork and rear dropouts are chromed.

Batavus offered a Dura-Ace or Nuovo Record headset option. This frame includes the Dura-Ace headset. The buyer had the choice of Shimano or Campagnolo shift bosses. This is Shimano. A Professional frame came always with two chromed hex bottle bolts and a Simplex binder bolt. They're all included.

The year is 1980.

Features:
- full Reynolds 531 butted tubing
- Bocama Super Professional long point lugs
- Campagnolo ends and drop outs
- Shimano cable guides on top shell
- Shimano shift bosses
- metal headbadge
- chromed fork and rear dropouts
- blue pearlescent paint
- engravings on top fork crown
- lugs cut outs enamelled in black
- black pin striping
- Seattube 57cm c-t
- Toptube 560mm
- Rear spacing 120mm
- Serial# 0-57-2570

Condition:
Excellent. Frame has been built up. Hardly used if not not used at all. Stored away dark and dry.

Comes with:
- Dura-Ace headset
- original chromed hex bottle bolts
- original Simplex binder bolt

Looking for 315 GBP shipped

I will pack using foam tubing and everything will go well padded into a sturdy bike box.

View all pics >>>

Go HERE

6915430505_0664c917ab_b.jpg

6915435351_89c27bf238_b.jpg

6915433407_0b40d3c8d8_z.jpg
6915441345_46cec1e1d9_z.jpg

6915437247_21a6c5b910_z.jpg

Are you sure that the Rear spacing is 120 mm ?

It looks very strange to me that a road bike frame build in 1980 has the 120 space. It is more reasonable that the space would be 126 at least. I have a Gazelle 1981 and it is 130.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is 120mm. 120 and 126mm are the most common spacings for a 1980 bike I suppose.

Elev12k":2p2nexnh said:
Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is 120mm. 120 and 126mm are the most common spacings for a 1980 bike I suppose.

I have recently ordered an identical frame and I am waitiing for it. I asked you about the rear spacing for fitting the right wheels, but as soon I will receive my frame I will confirm (or not) your measurement.

:)

Ciao

Ciccioformaccio,

It could be both. The Batavus Professional is not an off the shelf frame. The '83 and '84 catalogue in the Gallery mention 125mm is standard, but in the list of available options you find 'rear fork width 120mm' or 'inbouwbreedte achtervork 120mm'. Probably it was the other way round in 1980.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... tavus/Cat/

Congrats with the Professional that is heading in your direction. Enjoy it, it is a great frame. Feel free to share it with us when you've taken delivery of it.

Elev12k":169s0bn3 said:
Ciccioformaccio,

It could be both. The Batavus Professional is not an off the shelf frame. The '83 and '84 catalogue in the Gallery mention 125mm is standard, but in the list of available options you find 'rear fork width 120mm' or 'inbouwbreedte achtervork 120mm'. Probably it was the other way round in 1980.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... tavus/Cat/

Congrats with the Professional that is heading in your direction. Enjoy it, it is a great frame. Feel free to share it with us when you've taken delivery of it.

In case my frame will be also a 120 mm rear spacing will be perfect for track wheels, may be I will try to mount it as single/speed fixed bike.

This very fine frame is still available!

Price drop

Still available

Real steel fo the connaisseur :cool:

Back