show us your cars 2

:LOL:
Only messing... I owned several Saab 900turbo's over a 7 year period. One car went through 4 gearboxes :roll:

G

unkleGsif":3pjndbfm said:
:LOL:
Only messing... I owned several Saab 900turbo's over a 7 year period. One car went through 4 gearboxes :roll:

G

I know. :cool: You see some dog ruff chassis on TVRs mind. You have to look after them carefuly to stop the rot.

Re: Chimp

ratbane":2m94tt76 said:
If there's one thing owning a TVR for 5 years has taught me is, NEVER listen to Richard Hammond!

You needed to own a TVR for five years to learn that?

Seems the punishment is overly harsh.

I stopped listening to Hammond after he grabbed my keys and insisted,

"Watch this. This is how you drive a bleedin' jet car!"

Re: Chimp

highlandsflyer":21q9w1t5 said:
ratbane":21q9w1t5 said:
If there's one thing owning a TVR for 5 years has taught me is, NEVER listen to Richard Hammond!

You needed to own a TVR for five years to learn that?

Seems the punishment is overly harsh.

I stopped listening to Hammond after he grabbed my keys and insisted,

"Watch this. This is how you drive a bleedin' jet car!"
And proceeded to plough a field with his head...

Frankie had the funniest take on Hammond, though.

Seriously, though - who'd listen to any of the Top Gear crowd, much, about cars really - unless your main criteria was how well it goes around their track, and whether the suspension is too hard, or whether it has a flappy paddle gearbox, or whether it produces too much wheelspin, despite the fact that (conveniently ignoring Cap'n Slow for a second) they seem to prefer inanely driving around their track with high powered cars, and smoke pouring from (usually) the rear wheelarches.

Now and again there's the odd snippet of real world sense, but it's almost immediately, and somewhat self-conciously shut-down in a rather embarrassed manner - as if to say, let's not let our fans know there's any sense and sensibility in this, the monkeys just want ape-ism and poo-flinging.

Here is my weekend warrior in it's current state:

main.php

Check out the rear chassis leg after shotblast :cry:

main.php

Ever heard the term "lick of paint & she will be dandy"?!

The plan is to have this 1983 mk1 golf gti back on the road in mars red some time next year.

Bought the car last July as a 30th birthday present to myself :oops:

Goldmember's Golf + magazine feature is in May's issue.

NewImage.jpg

al. :D

Sorry to interrupt such a good thread, but the title lead me to believe that it was 'Show us your car' so here is the Maverick wagon.

Bought 7 years ago for £1200 with 30k on the clock. Spent just under £950 in running and maintenance costs (MOT's and repairs) in that time and have driven over 75k in it. Now at the end of its little life :( . It’s also a 1997, so just on the edge of Retro.

I give you 'The Mitsubishi Carisma'. Thank you. :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF2565.JPG
    DSCF2565.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 677
I had a pretty nice M3 but sadly I got carried away...Now temporarily forced to drive a Mini :shock:
I've only ever owned E36/E46 coupe's, the Mini may be made by BMW but the GP is assembled in Italy and we all know what that means :/ Thank god for warranty because its cost more in 6 months than the M3 did in two years. I want my M3 back :( :(

1.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

bump.jpg

Picked this up recently - it's a grand big (4.88 metres long!) luxury barge :)

Boarding160311003.jpg

And my £200 runner, had it for 4 years now, fantastic winter car :)

Fife181110014.jpg

First time i've heard a beemer described as a fantastic winter car :shock: 4 years out of a £200 motor is great going though. A car for £50 a year and falling!

Back