One piece bar and stems

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
One piece bar and stems were de-rigeur in the early 90s. Let's see what you've got stashed away then....

Here are a few I've dug out from the web

p_flexstem_bar_cmbo.jpg

Girvin Flexstem XST.

KleinAttBars1.jpg

Klein Mission Control

Orange combo

(imagination needed here..)

Picture: 91 Vintage 90deg 135mm Orange stalk with expander wedge, welded to a 3deg straight bar, all finished in matt black. White Orange sticker on side of stem, with orange O highlighted in orange.

Whats that about picture and thousand words? :)

These Fred salmon one piece bar-stem combo's went for just over £1 each on eBay the other day.

Attachments

• 3f_1_b.jpg
    3f_1_b.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,178
Fred Salmon :?

Did you buy them? I'd have to be paid good money to ride them. Snaaaaapppp!

I sold a bonty 1 piece bar stem fairly recently. merlin made a very nice 1. ti cycles will still make 1. litespeed also made 1.
think grove made 1 as well...
& who could forget trimble..

... in other words theres loads of them!

Dekerf ... still in production titanium bullmoose style, and $$$ pricewise.

naturally Trimble made a pretty mad one out of carbon

Here are a couple samples from Grove...

the hammerhead was an aircraft 4130 combo that used .035 tubing with custom bends at the hands to ease wrist strain

the hothead was an aircraft 4130 combo that used .028 heat treated tubing, also with the custom bends.

Both models used a unique internal expander that wedged inside the stem and steerer tube so there were no outside pinch bolts to knock your knees on.

Attachments

• hotheadbar2.jpg
    hotheadbar2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,090
  • hotheadbar3.jpg
    hotheadbar3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4,090
rutteger":c321p1kz said:
Wasn't aware of the trimble one..... here it is.

TrimbleCCBar.JPG

Sick

I do have that one on my Century bike, it is a Cool item. It also compensates a bit for the harsh frame and fork :)

Mine is painted black and is saying ' a composite Trimble ROO handlebar' on the top

Latest posts

Back