Today I was mostly riding.....

Well, decided to go for a ride after work last night, 12 mile mainly road,that was the plan .........

So, got out , lights on (candle light tbh!) ,first bit of single track,something felt wrong, back wheel was jammed in frame, odd.Then I noticed the tyre was coming of the rim,***Alarm***Alarm***just I was about to let some air out >>>>>>BANG<<<<<<!!! ,the tube exploded inches away from my face, it really did sound like a shot gun going off.So a lesson to us all ,old tubes, cold weather = not good.After fitting a new tube got on my way, by this time it was snowing heavily, was riding blind as could not see anything. turned around and limbed back, my hands frozen and me soaked through to the bone

....Roll on summer !

Went for my first proper ride for a decade this morning. Nice 10-ish mile hour or so blast around the Wyre Forest (Worcs). Mainly easy going (no fitness!) but lots of valleys - so plenty of fast descents and long climbs.

All good fun: Zaskar was as much fun as I remembered and the newly built rear wheel stood up nicely and was still nice and true when I checked a while ago.

Legs are sore now. Need more cake.

My again? Out exploring the Wyre again... another 12 miles this morning. Getting a bit quicker now (remembering how to do corners faster and so on). Even overtook a small group of riders uphill... regretted it around the next corner but had to take the leg burn up the rest of it to not look like a wally... :roll:

Found some nice extra muddy bridleways along a very pretty stream.

Starting to remember why I fell in love with MTB all those years ago.

(All this at 6:00 and still back in time to take the kids swimming. :) )

mass199":110fwip4 said:
Did the Verderers last night in the dark. :cool:

How did you find it ? did you have decent lights ?

Been out a couple of times this week, exploring and joining parts of the forest up via single track :cool:

theredchili":2rqda20l said:
mass199":2rqda20l said:
Did the Verderers last night in the dark. :cool:

How did you find it ? did you have decent lights ?

Been out a couple of times this week, exploring and joining parts of the forest up via single track :cool:

Verderers seemed short in the dark.

I used a Magic shine light which was very good but you still have to go a bit slower on the last section. ;)

Back in the Wyre again this morning (just back, clean and coffee in hand). Tried the Kinlet North Mountain bike trail section - considering it just looks like a gate and nowt else from the road it actually looks OK. Plenty of exploring to do I feel. Used Continental Mountain Kings (2.4 front / 2.2 rear) given to me by my neighbour for the first time. First time on modern tyres and first time on anything wider than 2.1. Seemed OK, bit sketchy (so like the cross countrys I used to run). Still left me smiling though :)

Went for a nice 12 mild night ride of FoD singletrack , I was cold , wet ,muddy - bit I loved it :D

p.s , a slight modification !

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,635
Fourth night of riding, fourth adventure- Soudley this time with some friends !

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,634
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,634
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,634
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg