The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

ebay has a few kits too. I've used them to repair quite a few drivers. Wilmslow audio can be expensive though.

drcarlos":3a8dq2fv said:
Any Integrated amps and bookshelf speakers in stock Mr Cheese?
After something to hang off my Audigy2NX in my office.

Carl.

I have loads of amps, not too many speakers at the mo.

Amps from £25 delivered up to around £150 delivered.

Guess I'm after something from the era when I bought my first separates. Something along the lines of a NAD 3020, Rotel RA820 or Pioneer A300, maybe even something like an Arcam Alpha or Cyrus One.

Carl.

Hmmm - nowt like that at the moment. I do have a Technics SU-V6 hanging around. They are rather nice...

(google images)

technicssuv6.jpg

Clean2.jpg

legrandefromage":2gq49e3u said:
Hmmm - nowt like that at the moment. I do have a Technics SU-V6 hanging around. They are rather nice...

(google images)

technicssuv6.jpg

Clean2.jpg

I remember drooling over these when I was building up my Technics stack.

Something rather satisfying using the volume knob on Technics amps :D

Yes indeed that SU-V6 is rather cool.

Anyone buying A&R or early ARCAM, if you come across any A McNally signatures on any labels, give me a shout. Would love to get hold of one I calibrated or tested when I was there :)

apache":24uyj3ld said:
Yes indeed that SU-V6 is rather cool.

Anyone buying A&R or early ARCAM, if you come across any A McNally signatures on any labels, give me a shout. Would love to get hold of one I calibrated or tested when I was there :)

I was looking at Alphas amongst others but have hopefully got an early Pioneer A300 coming this morning to go with a set of original Mordaunt-Short MS10's (these sound nice off the Videologic Sirocco amp already).

Carl.

Back