FS 58cm Rory O'Brien frame and fork

neilob

Retro Guru
I've agonised over this but finally decided to sell my lovely Rory that has, in its time, taken me to some fast times and good placings. I'm never going to ride it again and won't abandon my modern carbon fibre bikes so I'd prefer it goes to someone who'd appreciate it and use it. Dating from late 70s, it's a 531 road frame typical of its era. 58cm seat and 57cm top and Campag rear drop outs in chrome. It was renovated a few years ago but does have some scratches and marks. It still looks good though. It's got a neat lug arrangement arouind the top of the seat stays which I think is called 'fastback'?? Forks are brand new chrome threadless ones which I bought off ebay recently when I was in the 'keep it and ride it' phase. In truth these are ever so slightly misaligned in that the front wheel sits 2mm to one side but probably not an issue. The headset and stem are NOT included but the BB is. 130mm rear spacing and 27.2 seatpost. I was thinking of £100 plus postage although (this is going to sound corny...) I'd really want to find the right person that will have as much fun out of it as I had so will consider offers.

Attachments

• rory2 005.JPG
    rory2 005.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,328
  • rory2 003.JPG
    rory2 003.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • rory2 004.JPG
    rory2 004.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • rory2 001.JPG
    rory2 001.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,327
neilob":10d418rv said:
One and only bump......it will happily stay hung in the garage if no-one wants it!

Good!...keep it...as you will regret selling..perhaps not today, perhaps not tomorrow but eventually you will realise that you should not have sold it but it will be too late.....so keep this frame of Romford past...safe....your grand-children will thank you.

Thats a beaut! and a bargain to boot.
My size too.
I would have had your arm off and given this a truly loving home if only I hadn't a house full of unfinished projects already.

Have a 'gwan, keep it, its lovely' bump!

Back