Silverfish 1987 Yeti FRO - NOW FINISHED - spec sheet pg 21

The shark fin doesn't fit the FRO stays well at all so not going to fit one now. Will wrap an old inner tube around the stay when it gets ridden. And the Hite Rite in silver just doesn't look right.

So it's pretty much done. Am gonna take some better photographs of it now that the sun has come out in Cornwall and then post the spec sheet. Oh yes, and weigh it :shock:

Thanks for that, the Race Face cordura ones are also pretty trick. Not period correct, but that won't matter when the bike is covered in mud :shock:

Now finished :D

Frame: 1987 Yeti FRO

Fork: 1987 FTW/Yeti

Stem: 1” FTW/Yeti 150mm
Handlebar: True Temper 4130 Cromoly
Headset: Nikyo 1” BMX
Grips: ATI

Brakes: Shimano XT M730 Black
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M730 4 finger

Shifters: Shimano XT M730 6spd Thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M730
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M730

Freewheel: Shimano
Cranks: Bullseye
Bottom Bracket: Bullseye
Pedals: Suntour XC II

Hub Skewers: NOS Shimano XT M730
Rims: NOS Mavic Rando M5
Hubs: NOS Bullseye 36h F&R
Nipples: Sapim
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: NOS Tioga Farmer John's Cousin

Saddle: 1987 Selle Italia Turbo
Seatpost: IRD
Seatpost Binder: NOS Shimano XT M730 QR

Weight: 27lb 13oz

Couple of pics taken down by the Tamar - the border between Cornwall and Devon. We're on the good side looking over :LOL:

Couldn't have done this without a load of you on here so gotta say thanks Scant for starting the crazy journey with the frame and fork, Kev for keeping me sane and finding the FTW stem, PeteMCC for the Bullseye cranks advice, BMX4130 for the handlebar and mauricer for the Bullseye cranks (yes these are your 'black' ones)! Andrew at Yetifan cos he is the fount of all Yeti knowledge, Sinnerman for some cracking guidance, and Ameybrook's C26 that inspired me to start.

You've all cost me a bloody fortune :oops:

Attachments

• 1987FROlores1.jpg
    1987FROlores1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 1987FROlores2.jpg
    1987FROlores2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Hi Darren,

you are sure about the hubs with 32H? When I count the spokes at the front wheel I came to 36 and I don't know if the Randos are available in 32H?

Anyway, you did a great job :cool:

Cheers,
Michael

Show us a close up of the front mech cable workings... I love the wacky ways these old machines route cables :cool: Very cool machine, good job.

fuzzywig":1k1pc4bi said:
Show us a close up of the front mech cable workings... I love the wacky ways these old machines route cables :cool: Very cool machine, good job.

I think it looks so how mine....

5315631369_96a17ab8f6_z.jpg

Back