Giant anthem 1 - ***new wheels update 23/07***

thanks, glad you like it :D

the SLX Brakes are pretty good actually, i like the way they look, and they seem pretty quiet too! May upgrade the pads in due course, could do with re bleeding the back one as i ran out of patience whilst doing them the other day!

I am pretty lucky as there are a few great rides on my doorstep so i get out as often as i can!

There was a retrobike ride round these parts last year i think?

Ally":2l7xtnz4 said:
Cool bike man, I'm liking that a lot. Well done.

Cheers ally, your Scale is looking good too btw, i will get round to putting mine on here someday!

Anyway, onto the giant!

Have upgraded the following:

Rotors are XT center lock
Skewers now carbon/ti 45g a set jobs
Front mech to SRAM X9
Rear mech to SRAM X0
Cassette is a SRAM pg980
Chain now a gold KMC X9 sl

I know, the gold clashes but I really like the blingy chain! Think I might stick one on my Saracen too!:cool:
b3e3cf92.jpg

46edaadf.jpg

04a0d67b.jpg

Really rate the Magura forks too, can't believe I've not had any before!

What do u guys think?!

Really like the magura forks aesthetically, hear good reports on them too from users.

Looks great. If it were mine I'd put a chain guard on but I know a lot of people dont like the look. Looks better then bare metal further down the line though.

cyfa2809":12hrwnjx said:
Gold and blue doesnt clash!!

your right on that one! it looks sweet!!!!

Bit of an update on this one.. After a good few months of enjoyment and many many miles, decided to treat her to a couple of upgrades! been fancying a set of white Fox's for a long time and here they are! think they look awesome! They are very very smooth! also got some m975 brakes, not ridden it with these, but they were a pain in the arse to bleed, so got LBS to sort!!!! :oops: :LOL: thinking of a slightly shorter/ less rise on the stem too, will sort this soon!

Looking forward to piling a load more miles on this!

eb8bf57c.jpg

cc3af7fb.jpg

Got some crossmaxes on the anthem now! They are v light compared to the previous crossrides! Im running some conti x kings which have a lower rolling resistance than the mountain kings i was running before.. However the front aint as grippy as it sent me OTB last thursday!!

Also flipped the stem to a -6 degree, fitted new cables and a fox rp2 shock. Strange as it sounds its nearly as light as my carbon scale now, really need to weigh it! It's seriously quick now, very happy with it!

5739a50c.jpg

0268c709.jpg

684133e3.jpg

Feedback appreciated :D

If you haven't already, put some heli tape or protectors on the seat tube where the cables pass, mine wore through to bare metal in no time.

Back