Peugeot PVN10 Super Competition

vivelesalpes

Retro Guru
Just bought a Peugeot PV10N Super Competition frame in blue that's going off to be resprayed and stickered and used as my uber-best bike.

I'm going to move quite a few bits from my Mercier over too it and sell the Mercier frame (lack of space unfortunately) and hopefully pick up some bits and pieces at the cycle jumble at Manchester next weekend.

I'll attempt to post some pictures up when it comes back from the spray shop. (If I can get my head around posting pictuers :oops: )

Just finished putting my PV10 together. A bit hacked off because the guy who sprayed my frame put several of the stickers in the wrong place (my fault really I should of drawn diagrams. I assumed they would have the common sense to put them back in the place they were when the frame arrived). That aside, here's the spec:

Frame: 3 tubes 531, forks 531
Wheels: Mavic Open Sport with Pelissier deep flange hubs.
Chainset: Stronglight 105 with drilled chainrings (50-40 with a 52 big ring on its way from France).
Shifters: Simplex SLJ Retrofriction
Rear Mech: Simplex LJ1000
Front Mech: Simplex Super SLJ
Brakes: Mafac Racers
Handlebars: Beleri
Bottom bracket: Shimano (strangely enough English thread)
Headset: Velo Orange
Pedals: Lyotard with Afa toeclips
Saddle: Ideale (Wolber)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tricolorbikes/sets/72157629125877414/show/

P1010816.jpg

nice! especially like the chainset.

what is the seat post? It look like it has 2 colours, or is that an optical illusion?
looks like you could level the saddle a bit, and I think leather toe straps would look nicer too ;-)

cheers

HQDP":2gvm9lx2 said:
nice! especially like the chainset.

what is the seat post? It look like it has 2 colours, or is that an optical illusion?
looks like you could level the saddle a bit, and I think leather toe straps would look nicer too ;-)

cheers

Thanks for your kind words. (and those of other folks that have taken the time to post)>

Yes, the saddle does need a little fine tuning. I'm going to adjust it on the 1st ride out.

The seatpost is a Gipiemme 'aero' shaped post and is anodised at the top.

Point noted about the toe straps. I'll have to splash out on some nice Christophe ones when I see some.

How's your PV10 going ?

That is beautiful :shock: - a really nice build. Christophe do white leather toestraps that would look good on yours.

Latest posts

Back