Cannondale SM1000 1990

Inigo Montoya":2yzu49p6 said:
i recently rode the cdale for the first time. afterwards i checked the frame and the crack at the headtube downtube intersection has reappeared.
the frame is dead... :(
cannondale-crack.jpg

thats a major bummer sorry to here that :(

LOL, just noticed my dog pooping in the background

Let me know if you want more.

Please, no! I'm in tears here, chuckling away!!

Inigo - sorry to see your frame is done for.

I'm in tears too.
1: the dog, man. Priceless.

2: I bought one of these black n white beauties from 1990 too, in the UK, after seeing a review of the Beast of the East in issue 2 of MBUK magazine.
I bought a windproof top and a B085 fanny pack (blue) at the same time.
I still use that pack on every ride. It's ridden every mile with me since 1990 and there isn't a stitch out of place apart from missing one of the stripy zip pulls that I removed to fix onto another zip. Possibly the best single purchase I've ever made...

The SM1000 was stolen from my workplace in 1994 and replaced with a polished Killer V 900 (first one in Europe I was told). Also bought a windproof jacket that I still wear occasionally, in perfect condition.

The Killer V was stolen in 1997 from my flat and I replaced it with a Super V 2000, which got stolen in 2000 and I gave up trying to keep them. In '97 I also bought a Volvo/Cannondale team duffle bag, which I still use every week for my kid's swimming kit and for travel. Those bright red/pink/black/white colours are still as bright as ever!

After an 11 year break (5 of which riding a Kona, which nobody seems to want to steal - although I have also relocated), I bought a Synapse road bike just a week ago, hence the Cannondale nostalgia trip. I actually didn't know of their demise :cry: , but I noticed the lack of smooth welds immediately... It's still an awesome bike, but these old things are my history of cycling.

I'm sure vintagecannondale will be a great site, I'll follow its development with great interest and try and find some old photos to scan and post. Shame I got rid of my stack of catalogues only about 8 years ago. Had 1990-1998.

Good on you, and thanks, I haven't seen pics of those old bikes for years.

:D

DonutDad":z11u1uow said:
I'm in tears too.
1: the dog, man. Priceless.

2: I bought one of these black n white beauties from 1990 too, in the UK, after seeing a review of the Beast of the East in issue 2 of MBUK magazine.
I bought a windproof top and a B085 fanny pack (blue) at the same time.
I still use that pack on every ride. It's ridden every mile with me since 1990 and there isn't a stitch out of place apart from missing one of the stripy zip pulls that I removed to fix onto another zip. Possibly the best single purchase I've ever made...

The SM1000 was stolen from my workplace in 1994 and replaced with a polished Killer V 900 (first one in Europe I was told). Also bought a windproof jacket that I still wear occasionally, in perfect condition.

The Killer V was stolen in 1997 from my flat and I replaced it with a Super V 2000, which got stolen in 2000 and I gave up trying to keep them. In '97 I also bought a Volvo/Cannondale team duffle bag, which I still use every week for my kid's swimming kit and for travel. Those bright red/pink/black/white colours are still as bright as ever!

After an 11 year break (5 of which riding a Kona, which nobody seems to want to steal - although I have also relocated), I bought a Synapse road bike just a week ago, hence the Cannondale nostalgia trip. I actually didn't know of their demise :cry: , but I noticed the lack of smooth welds immediately... It's still an awesome bike, but these old things are my history of cycling.

I'm sure vintagecannondale will be a great site, I'll follow its development with great interest and try and find some old photos to scan and post. Shame I got rid of my stack of catalogues only about 8 years ago. Had 1990-1998.

Good on you, and thanks, I haven't seen pics of those old bikes for years.

:D

I love the old catalogs. I use to study them from cover to cover BITD.

sm1000

Great article! Currently mine is for sale. I've used it for commuting to work. It still rides great! If someone is interested PM me. It's on sale on Marktplaats.nl (yes it is in Holland..)

Back