GT STS,what year

retroman

Retro Guru
hello, just bought this and dont know the year, anyone.

march013.jpg

just been thrashing around the woods :D.

cheers drew

Reckon it is pre-1998, as the 98 model year STS had a black headtube as opposed to the silver one you've got. I would hazard a guess that its a 1997.

Probably a regular 1997 STS. As r32 mentions the 98 models had black headtubes with the exception of the 98 STS-DH. GT didn't recommend the 97 STSs be used with triple clamps FWIW...

hello, cheers, rides great, when i can stay on it :oops: , put the wheels on myself but the rest looks standard, XTR,and maguras,purple judys, really like it.

cheers drew

Actually having looked at the catalogue it's more likely a 98 GT STS DH > 1998 GT Catalog. Frame looks slightly beefier than a 97 plus backend looks slightly different, might have an old disk mount.

hi again, it does appear to have a disc mount on the rear also the serial No ends in DH :?: , downhill maybe, anyhow its lush and gets second glances all the time, going to get the autosol out soon :( , black fingers,and respray the forks, purple,s not my scene except for purple anno :shock: , oohh thats sweet. thanks all.

cheers drew :D

Strange that a DH model has a mount for a front mech.
I thought the GT's ran BB mount AC chain devices? :?

I'm also not so convinced about the rear disc mount. I have a STS disc frame and it's nothing like that. I have heard of people drilling their frames and fitting a BETD mount though...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-LTS-STS-Re ... 519b1b1c49

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back