The FTW Street Bike: Fully built pics now on Page 8

Quick update.....

Waiting for front hub to arrive from Royce and then the chaps at the Bromley Bike Co will be building the wheels up ASAP. Have opted for DT Swiss Competition spokes, they should do the job. Once that is done the build will re-commence. Still trying to decide between a Flite or a Brooks saddle, I really don't know.

The mass of cables and finger prints! Latest update, picked the newly built wheels up today from the lads at the Bromley Bike Co:

FTWBuildncables1.jpg

Still gonna be a while to build as now in process of moving house!

BOOM BOOM POW!!!!

After such a lengthy time building the wee fkr, I'm happy to announce it's finally done....!!!

Will get better photos once Little Miss Sunshine pops her hat on and says 'hello'!

HUUUUGGGEEEEEEE "Thank You" going out to 'Beep Beep' and 'Gil_m' - they know why!!! :)

P1060267.jpg

P1060269.jpg

P1060265.jpg

P1060264.jpg

P1060261.jpg

P1060262.jpg

P1060266.jpg

Just had a wee ride around Battersea to see how it handles and all I can say is that it goes like the proverbial doodah off a shovel, accelerates sooooooooooo quickly, dead chuffed. Was a bit 50/50 making my decision to run Paul/Dura Ace thumbies but this has been thrown out of the window, crisp and cleaning shifting, can't fault it. Also the Brooks, it took me AGES to decide whether to go for a Brooks or an old school flight, the main thing was of people saying how painful the Brooks are at first. I've had no pain at all in fact it's very comfy so happy I made that choice.

Everything's working flawlessly, the rear Pauls brake needs to be fettled with as it digs into my leg when out of the saddle. (And before anyone mentions it, yes, I have dropped the nose of the saddle since taking the photos!).

Result: One very happy bunny!

Latest posts

Back