Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

Thousand Apologies Gail and Andrew I for one am really looking forward to visiting your beautiful part of the world and I am sorry for any offence caused.

Never underestimate the far reaching power of the retro bike forum Velo.

Peace xxx

Brilliant! I like the sound of Gail and Andrew.

Gail and Andrew,
Velo isn't so bad but he does get a little frustrated every so often - when you meet him I'm sure you'll get on. He is a moany git at times but knows it too and he makes up for it in person.
None of us take his moans seriously and this site is just an outlet for them after the stresses of his work (he makes sheep). He does contribute a great wealth of bike knowledge to our site in return for us putting up with his moans.

We're coming to you for the riding and we all know how remote it is and what to expect. Personally I can't wait, I've been wanting to visit torridon area since I studied it in geography at school, has only taken me 28 years to sort something out!

If you want to get your own back just charge him an extra 10p for each pint he has as he's a tight git and that will really get to him.

As above.

Velo would be the first to admit that he can be 'a grumpy old geezer' sometimes, and with 8 going on 9 pages of enthusiastic discussion about this trip, I think this is shaping up to be riding highlight of the year for us.

In order to make Velo's stay as comfortable as possible, might I also suggest the following for his bunk?

http://www.daftgiftshop.co.uk/itching-powder-1753-p.asp

I have apologised, its up to Kinlochewe to forgive or not.

I however am upset at this and dont enjoy the knowledge that everyone thinks I'm intolerably grumpy and further that it has reached full national retrobike status.

Very fed up.

brilliant, enjoyed reading this page so much that I've just laughed risotto all over my monitor :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

there's alternative accommodation just up the road

barn by gmac123, on Flickr

don't fancy it myself...

from memory, the hotel/bunkhouse is also only boozer / hot food point in the small smoke of kinlowee, so I'm keen not to get barred ;)

i better get off and clean my monitor

clockworkgazz":1hj1zy4o said:
strike that- glad to draw a line under this.
Gazz, I read your post before you changed it and I'd just like to say you are beautiful on the inside (probably).

Velo, it's not intolerable, everyone likes a good moan now and again, occasionally we need it too. The whole thing has been quite funny, just hope you see that.

Gaz said I had a fat arse in another thread, i'd rather be grumpy.

clockworkgazz":36yokj68 said:
Thousand Apologies Gail and Andrew I for one am really looking forward to visiting your beautiful part of the world and I am sorry for any offence caused.

Never underestimate the far reaching power of the retro bike forum Velo.

Peace xxx

+1 to that I can add that any time we've spoke you have been more than pleasant and helpful. Only wish I'd said it before.

Back