Great big Singlespeed thread!

3DMax jama.

That sounds cool, i remember that program from way waaaay back when. what year were you helping out?

gulp between 99 and 00. they sold it to us by saying it was what they used to do the pod racers on star wars phantom menace :LOL:

do you know of any open source 3d packages online? properly skint atm and would love to have a play around with it again.

hehe, that would be just about the time i remember it i think..maybe a little after

I do. blender is apparently one of the best. I don't use it myself, but there's an awful lot of love for it out there

Blender.org

Just finished my Brooklyn Machine Works and although it only has 1 chainring and 1 cog Im not sure its a single speed. You be the judge.

Attachments

• 2012-02-25 12.43.44.jpg
    2012-02-25 12.43.44.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,088
Cheap *ss low tech Raleigh Montage:

p4pb4687745.jpg

p4pb4687756.jpg

Modern Jamis Dragon 29:

p4pb7869795.jpg

p4pb7869802.jpg

How tight is too tight for the chain?

I've managed with a half link, to get the '90 Cindercone set on a 34-16, but the chain is pretty tight... not as tight as it was without the half link on a different ratio tho

I've had my bmx chain tighter with no problems, but those chains are a lot more beefy. I'm worried about the chain popping!

G

OK, forget the issue of the chain popping.. of greater concern having taken the bike out for its first spin at the weekend, was the pressure placed on the rear wheel bearings as a result of the increased chain tension :oops:

have taken it all apart and will try some different ratio's in order to get the chain taught but without being too tight

Meanwhile, here she is
main.php

G

Im on the last stages of finishing my SS frame ,what are your thoughts on internal through the top tube rear brake hosing routing ,is it worth the bother due to maintenance ?

2001 Gary Fisher Supercaliber Single-Speed -

Frame: Gary Fisher Supercaliber (Genesis Geometry), size is 14" and the frame alone weighs under 1500g...
Fork: Exotic Aluminium
Wheels: Shimano LX Hubs on Mavic X517 rims
Tyres: Schwalbe City Jet 1.5"
Cranks: Race Face Deus
Chainring: FSA, 36t
Sprocket: no-name, 18t
Chain: KNC
Brakes: Shimano M950 XTR
Seatpost: Race Face Deus
Seat: Charge Spoon
Stem: Race Face Deus
Bars: no-name alloy
Grips: Gusset Tight-B*stard

The whole thing weighs under 19lb and is my regular work commuter.

Attachments

• GF_Supercaliber.jpg
    GF_Supercaliber.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 2,896

Latest posts

Back