Lefty Jake crown races

It's just the races I nead, the bearings are fine but in the Raven they sit flush in the head tube so the lefty clamps rub on the head tube. The fatty had a lower race built into the steerer and the stem acted as a top race. It really only needs a couple of steel washers or shims but it's nearly impossible to find the right size.

What about some thin 1.5" headset spacers?

Although, thinking about it, the Headshok steerer was a touch over 1.5"... they could work though?

Yeah I was thinking about that, not sure you would get any quite thin enough though?Most head set spacers I have used have never been a tight fit so there might be enough 'slack' in them to fit one on?I could do to take the steerer to a bike shop and try one. Not sure any local bike shops will suply 1.5" spacers round this neck of the woods. The only other thing I found was an old 1 1/8th headset cup, if I could cut the inner peice off the outer lip is kust about perfect size.

What about a plumber's merchants? They sell washers in all shapes and sizes.

So are you putting the Lefty on the 4000SL then? That'll look lush!

Thankyou, I absolutely love it, it flew round Gisburn. Just need to get the front disc brake on and eventually I think ill put a disc adaptor on the back and run discs front and rear. i don't like having mismatched wheels so it's a good excuse to upgrade ;) . Im not sure if an A2Z disc adaptor will work with the swing arm though?maybe one of those brake therapy ones which attach to the v brake post might work better, but anyway for now im loving it!

jskdog":w8eec9hy said:
Thankyou, I absolutely love it, it flew round Gisburn. Just need to get the front disc brake on and eventually I think ill put a disc adaptor on the back and run discs front and rear. i don't like having mismatched wheels so it's a good excuse to upgrade ;) . Im not sure if an A2Z disc adaptor will work with the swing arm though?maybe one of those brake therapy ones which attach to the v brake post might work better, but anyway for now im loving it!

You could always find a slightly later Raven or Super V frame with a disc compatible swingarm..? Swap the swingarms over and sell the spare frame :)

Back