Another Klunker build

Looking very interesting, a nice collection of parts there.

you're not an engineer by any chance?

jimo746":1od4fc5n said:
Looking very interesting, a nice collection of parts there.

you're not an engineer by any chance?
I am a systems engineer (Computers) For the truss rods I did not feel like paying a stupid amount of money for a clamp so I just made a copy out of a huge stainless steel spatula that I never used. I bought some electric grounding harnesses and some cap bolts from home depot. Total cost about 8 dollars.
IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

A great thread, looking forward to the next instalment. This opens up new horizons to people like myself who merely bolt bits together, and I even struggle with that!

classen":vkjozua1 said:
Following with great interest. I'm curious what the trusses are for? Suspension? Extra rigidity?
On the original bikes with bladed forks they offered additional stiffness. On this bike they are nothing more than a style element. The Tange Champion fork I am using is one of the strongest forks you can get. I made the truss rods so they can be easily removed if needed. I do plan to get the frame painted because the steel is showing through and it would rust away if left unprotected. Maybe I will get you guys to do some photoshop paint schemes for me.

Great work so far!
Could you explain how you did the aligning after cold forging the rear triangle?
Looking forward to see more :D

sandmangts":2c85pe9h said:
..I found 2 straight Araya 7x front wheels and a tandem rear wheel with an Atom drum and a 5 speed cluster..
amazing! I thought Atom drums have become extinct. :LOL:
I like your work, systems engineer :D ..continue please!

Back