Silverfish 1987 Yeti FRO - NOW FINISHED - spec sheet pg 21

Very nearly finished. 5mm gear cable outers and 6mm brake outers now fitted. Original Yeti ferrules. Front mech adapted. Headset stack height sorted and stem raised a little. Looks sweet with the original 2mm brake inners.

Just need to fit the shark fin now, source the Simplex dropout bolts, and have a play with the Hite Rite to see if it works on this build, plus get some decent photographs sorted to show it off in all it's glory :D Will also submit a full build spec once it is complete.

Gotta say I am well pleased with the way this has turned out. Has been a lot more difficult sourcing period correct parts than I had originally anticipated - and admittedly that was a rod I created for my own back - but I think the final build really does the bike justice. A 1987 Yeti FRO just deserved Bullseye cranks and wheels, and the TT bar, FTW stem, IRD post, 87 Turbo, M730 canti's in black, Tioga tyres and M5 Rando rims.

Here's a little taster for everyone who has been following this thread and helping me get it just right.

I absolutely love it! Hope you guys do too...

Attachments

• 1987 Yeti FRO nearly finished.JPG
    1987 Yeti FRO nearly finished.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,155
Thanks for the props guys. Will get a few more photos posted tomorrow and then get those last few bits added and spec sheet nailed.

Thanks mr ship. The close up pics with the 2mm brake inners look even better :D

This FRO started off as quite a conservative build but I got a little carried away with it...

Haven't even finished it yet and am already contemplating my next build :oops:

Back