Proflex 955..or is it an 855..??

Thats a great site for new springs, cheers for that buddy.

Anyways I've had a play about with headset and flanges / spacers that came with the Doner bike...

893e1109.jpg

90fc5ec3.jpg

Girvin stickers purchased just wating for them to come, then get the Maguras set up.
Only thing I know for a fact I'm going to have issues with is tuning the gears up.

G

Bike is looking really good, how did you get the 1" forks to fit the 1"1/8 headset/headtube?
I had Maguras on my 857, I reccommended routing the front brake hose down through the forks past the shock (if this will work, it did on my Crosslink forks) this keeps it out of the way and prevents branches etc snagging the hose. I think it mentions doing this with all the cables in the instruction manual for the Crosslinks, it also mentions something about the "critical angle" (or something like that). that is, the angle of the lever lnks should be within a set distance to allow the forks to work properly, you can adjust the height of the top clamp on the steerer to change this.

I'm going to re jig the cables tonight. I'll stick another pic up when I'm done.
The fitting of the forks as quite easy, I had a Doner Proflex these forks came off. I played about with different flanges and spacers.
One spacer like a cone shape fit just right.
So I adapted what I had and it's a firm snug fit, that just seemes to go just right.
And yea I can get to the adjusting nut quite well, just to get in the tweeks.

I've gone for an Urban street look, and this set up is what I wanted some 20 years ago.

G

Can you do a good close up of rear spring set up.....
Got n2 today and it don't fit my girvins.. Fit your style..

But ordering mount for the back. ;)

Can you do a good close up of rear spring set up.....
Got n2 today and it don't fit my girvins.. Fit your style..

But ordering mount for the back. ;)

Heres the latest.

023d3a6e.jpg

0715b527.jpg

Re-routed front cables

91602818.jpg

81613fda.jpg

8ee50146.jpg

It's had the rear Magura booster fitted tonight, and re jigged the cables.

G

Back