Rocky Mountain Cirrus

RockiMtn":3n69u9dd said:
about those forks… not a fan of the colours on it. Looks out of place with the rest of the build to me.

I would have to agree. The fork has gotta go (in my humble opinion).

I'm loving the frame and seatpost and cranks!

here is a white 1-1/8" powerlite on German eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Syncros-Starrgab ... 0719722956

It will probably go for about 350Euro so definitely NOT cheap, and not sure the white fork would go with the Alu frame, but .... perhaps?

RockiMtn, just curious what your preferred sus fork would be for this frame?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
classen":3coktx7f said:
RockiMtn":3coktx7f said:
about those forks… not a fan of the colours on it. Looks out of place with the rest of the build to me.

I would have to agree. The forks gotta go (in my humble opinion).

I'm loving the frame and seatpost and cranks!

here is a white 1-1/8" powerlite on German eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Syncros-Starrgab ... 0719722956

It will probably go fro about 350Euro so definitely NOT cheap, and not sure the white fork would go with the Alu frame, but .... perhaps?

RockiMtn, just curious what would your preferred sus fork would be for this frame?

1992 Cirrus came stocked with Rock Shox Mag forks. I myself prefer what I have on my 92, an Amp F2 fork. Everyone who's ever seen it say it's was like it was designed for the frame as they seem to go so well.

Maybe I should spray up one of my Powerlite white… but then I'd have to start a new build to suit… and i have to resist yet another project. :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the comments RockiMtn and Classen.... :cool: I deceided to go with the Cooks cranks...

I didn't measured the needed axle lenght yet, but indeed they seem to need a 122mm or something like that... Not a great choice if it comes to the best Q-factor, but oké... they'll stay..

About the forks... I know these are not the best fit for the frame. The forks are 1996, but stayed home without a job... so now are of the shelf and can do their job on this build... I think the colors are matching the Rocky decals. Perhaps I'll throw in some red and/or gold alu bolts and things when time is there... :cool:

Perhaps somebody can help me out with a small part... The rear wheel is fitted with a 130mm XT hub (the frame is not clambed yet.. ;) ) and needs a 135mm hub... Is there anybody having an unemployed rear axle (just the axle !!) lounging between some not-needed-anymore-parts ?

FluffyChicken":wucnt0t8 said:
Q-Factor
COOK BROS. RACING CBR = 168mm
same as M900
Doubt M730 are lower
well these are 'Bike-Pro Q measurements'

http://www.bikepro.com/products/cranks/crank_table.html

and for bottom bracket I do not know, but here
http://www.bikepro.com/products/bottom_ ... able.shtml
it has 122.5 for 'some chainline applications' which implies 50mm (from the other that say that)
Which would make 117.5/118 the 47.5 length.

But I would certainly ask around.

Hey... that's helpfull... thanks on that... I didn't think about that site...

I'm not really into Q-factor-measuring anymore..., but these cranks look so wide... perhaps deu to the lack of a chainstay as a refference... Never had an elvated chainstay...
I did think of using some ritchey's, but think the Cooks fit the frame far better... For low Q, I would have to go Mavic, but I sold these years ago... :( ...regretting it ever since...

I think a 122mm would be the thing to go with. I didn't try yet, but was looking at the front mech just minutes ago... and it looks that it needs some space to shift to the granny without hitting the seat tube.. I'll try to take some measurements next week. Perhaps a chain is in place by than... and some chain rings of course...

A small update since a very long time...

Still no Panaracer Smoke 2.1 tires on.... not even a granny... and no.... no grips between the bar-ends and the break levers... But, notwithstanding... I took it out to reunite it with its natural habitat... only for a couple of miles though.. Just long enough to find out the fork is bit to firm and the shifting isn't good enough. So... back to the shed...

Attachments

• Afbeelding 001.jpg
    Afbeelding 001.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 360
  • Afbeelding 005.jpg
    Afbeelding 005.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 360
Re:

Looking good. I'm about to get started on my own cirrus project. Any tips on stripping and polishing the frame? Mine has too many scratches in the clear coat to save. Looks like you got a good shine on yours :)

Back