Temple Newsam Ride 17.3.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there, on this. 26 years later it'll be me and my first mtb's first time out together in at least 20 years. Tempsey is where it all started for me, so I'll be parking at me mams and riding up.

BTW - (if anyone would want to get the train there, then I can meet them at CROSSGATES station. Bring some spare clothes and you & bike can get sorted at my mums before & after. Sorry but if your not getting the train then no you can't use the amenities).

Marc - hope this is okay?

Attachments

• EARLY.jpg
    EARLY.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 749
FluffyChicken":h1193toj said:
chrisv40":h1193toj said:
Yes put me down too Marc sounds like a nice day out.

You sure, 17th's a Saturday? If you can I can pick you up, if I can get the car.

Yes I'm sure :LOL:

Had that booked off for a while its just the 3rd thats causing problems.

If you have the car a lift would be great thanks
:D

Unclejack":2zd16hje said:
I'll be there, on this. 26 years later it'll be me and my first mtb's first time out together in at least 20 years. Tempsey is where it all started for me, so I'll be parking at me mams and riding up.

BTW - (if anyone would want to get the train there, then I can meet them at CROSSGATES station. Bring some spare clothes and you & bike can get sorted at my mums before & after. Sorry but if your not getting the train then no you can't use the amenities).

Marc - hope this is okay?

certainly chris. things won't have changed much in 26 years, the last time i snapped down a twig to clear my cantis of mud was the most recent tree management! (it's not a bomb sit guys, just well planted. low maintenance sycamore, oak etc..) ;)

Just to confirm, I should be coming from Hull, picking Chris up on the way and should have room for a bike or two more.

So is it going to be very muddy then? My bike is ok in the mud but not my tyres - I'm not normally one to worry about tyre choice but the Ritcheys I have are lethal in the mud, causing me a few falls on the Repack anniversary ride last year and a painful shoulder for a couple of weeks. I can't afford new tyres right now either. :-(

Rob Atkin":1ndogz8u said:
So is it going to be very muddy then? My bike is ok in the mud but not my tyres - I'm not normally one to worry about tyre choice but the Ritcheys I have are lethal in the mud, causing me a few falls on the Repack anniversary ride last year and a painful shoulder for a couple of weeks. I can't afford new tyres right now either. :-(

not particularly muddy,i don't think any given mud will be a problem for any tyre choice with some knobbles and 1.8+. clogging was the only issue i had during winter with dead vegitation and suchlike. the route has a mix of well drained bridal, not so well drained bridal, sloping woodland, so as quick as tyres collect mud, it flicks away again some 100yrds later...and repeat :LOL: it's getting warmer now and fingers crossed for a dry day on this ride but no real concern if it rains either!

the canal tow-paths can be slow to drain but as flat and un-treacherous as it gets ;) use whatever tyres you like with useable tread.

If anyone is after a cheap hack I will be bringing four very cheap/karma frames with me.
Well I will if Ben doesn't mind me filling his car full of crap :LOL:

chrisv40":167vspqk said:
If anyone is after a cheap hack I will be bringing four very cheap/karma frames with me.
Well I will if Ben doesn't mind me filling his car full of crap :LOL:

What are you bringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back