lets see your khs's

KHS

Good to see some new pics and diversity.
Here's some progress on mine.

Attachments

• painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,223
  • naked.jpg
    naked.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,224
I'm really enjoying many of the bikes in this thread.

I'd like to add this 1995 KHS FXT Team:

IMG_0859.jpg

Originally came with XTR and XT kit, and a Judy DH fork. When I got it it had Avid Arch Rivals, the Manitou, and some other random parts, so I built it back up for my girl to ride. It's still a mix, the Avids are still on there, black LX crankset, SRAM gripshifter stuff, she likes those. Tires are Continental Atlanta. She rode it for the first time last week and the fit is pretty good. Saddle has to go though, and the Noleen rear shock is mostly just a spring.

I've been impressed by how well it is made, and the suspension design isn't too dated and works well.

IMG_0862.jpg

lewis1641":1h90zdqx said:
Cool. How does that ride?

Thanks. I haven't really ridden it yet, and the short time I did was hard to get an impression with the front and rear set pretty soft-plus I've only ridden hardtails so I'm not going to be the best judge. I contacted Noleen about the rear shock, it's an NR2 and they still rebuild them for $100 US....hard to say if it's worth it for her as she is a casual rider and may not even notice the damping difference.

I have a full suspension Ted Wojcik, as well, I'm very interested to make a comparison as they are from the same era, but with totally different suspension designs and philosophies. I'll report back with my findings in a few weeks.

KHS

Real nice Shogun, got me curious about it's stable mates, one on the right? might move the XT compact from my Marin onto mine, especially if the $12 Ritchey 44t E-bay ring from Boulder Colorado works out, decals went on today, lacquer tomorrow, nice to see some posts on here, must be Spring.

Attachments

• decals-on.jpg
    decals-on.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,137
Whoa, that looks really sweet in red, nice job with the decals.

All 3 bikes in the pic are my GF's rides, to the left is a Ritchey Ascent, and to the right is a lowly Cannondale M400...but the only stock part left is the Alvio front mech. I bought it locally loaded with a custom painted Judy fork, Avid Arch Rivals, Spinergy Spox, Dean stem..etc.

I have a pic of all 3 up in the 'Wives Rides' thread:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 5&start=60

Good luck with your build!

Cheers mate, might be a slow, eccentric build, 'cos I'm new to this game and keep getting distracted by other nice stuff, a Marin Hawk Hill Gumtree find, a Claud Butler Cape Wrath frame, bought from Santahul on this site (with loads of karma: thanks!) and a Ridgeback for my girl friend, but here's the state of play till I get back on the case.

Attachments

• rolling-chassis(almost).jpg
    rolling-chassis(almost).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,041
Back