Specialized Shark Fin re-manufacture ?

surely they require a shorter axle, as apposed to a longer skewer?
as the disc mount fits to the inside of the drop out, thus meaning a regular axle will be too long.

i've been proved wrong before, so won't come as a supprise if proved wrong again. :LOL:

Khane":edi3dvl5 said:
as the disc mount fits to the inside of the drop out, thus meaning a regular axle will be too long.

i've been proved wrong before, so won't come as a supprise if proved wrong again. :LOL:
no, hope one needs short axle, other one fits on outside of drop out so needs longer skewer

bigmick":2f0ns77x said:
Khane":2f0ns77x said:

no, hope one needs short axle, other one fits on outside of drop out so needs longer skewer

fair enough, i think lack of sleep clouded my vision. :LOL:

as for the actual sharkfin, mine arived back not long ago.
as promised here's a top down pic of it, as you can see it's far from just a straight bit of metal.

x6mm95.jpg

to try and revive an old thread.

did anyone ever get a 3d drawing done on a sharkfin at all.
ive tried everywhere to no avail. i was going to try and get 1 and see if my brother inlaws mate to try and replicate one in solid alloy ?? he is in the engineering game making all sorts of things in alloy for automotive race applications.

cheers Tim

Brake disc adapter

Hi all, I'm just getting back into mtb'ing and i have just bought a fsr elite with the hope rear caliper and stabilizing bar and i'm going to put it on ebay tonight if anyone is interested. I don't know if the caliper is functional so anyone got any idea's how much i should charge for this? thanks

Re: Brake disc adapter

krist420":2sd6i1db said:
Hi all, I'm just getting back into mtb'ing and i have just bought a fsr elite with the hope rear caliper and stabilizing bar and i'm going to put it on ebay tonight if anyone is interested. I don't know if the caliper is functional so anyone got any idea's how much i should charge for this? thanks
i'm sure you need the matching hope hub for it to work

was a nice frame i was trying to buy it

Re: Brake disc adapter

[/quote]i'm sure you need the matching hope hub for it to work

was a nice frame i was trying to buy it[/quote]

That's right although it doesn't have to be much shorter than a standard hub.
I just spent loads on wheels so i'm going a different route, prob weld some disk mounts to rear frame, problem is ac welding can be a bitch to get right!

Back