Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

I'm thinking of joining you on this epic as there still seems to be room at the bunkhouse since I'm now not going to France.

Any objections :LOL:

There's almost always a way, even if it involves tall gentlemen and Ford Kas.

Attendees!

kaiser
the ken
gazz
ZZ
Rob
gmac123
Rado
Velo

Awwww man, I'm a bit late to this party - serves me right for lapsing for a bit there. Council elections a few days later anyway so I'd probably be goosed. It is relatively close - just a three hour drive and 90 minute ferry crossing...

I stayed at the Kinlochewe bunkhouse a few years ago. It was basic, but OK, but as it was September it was apparently too much to expect them to serve bar meals, so it was a mad dash to the wee Spar at the petrol station to the west of the junction for cornflakes, milk and soup. And crisps and chocolate.

I was there on a three day loop from Drumnadrochit, with day 3 being Kinlochewe to Drumnadrochit via Beauly. Great run up the long hill from Kinlochewe for the fantastic view back down along Loch Maree.

While you are there, you'd be fools not to have a go at Bealach na Ba just round the corner. Spare a couple of hours for an up and down from Tornapress, or spend a good chunk of a day doing a clockwise loop from Sheildaig. But be warned, nary a shop between Applecross and Sheidaig and that bit is relentlessly gruelling with ups and downs. Eat well!

Nice pub in Applecross.

Envious of Kirkwall.

Back