Recovered saddle

Just recovered a saddle was given a ritchey vector but there were some rips to the leatherette. Didnt have any leather and wasnt about to set to on my old motorbike jacket but did have some old black jeans in my rag bag. Just waiting for the glue to finish drying and will take a piccy. Im pleased with how its come out.

Do you think there would be any interest in NEW leather on here as Ive got a whole hide (dark brown I think) :?

Dont know chap thought about recovering my saddle this morning. I had the back panel off a leather settee, went to find it only to be told she chucked it out the other week :x Just found another saddle for recovering :D

Could get into this, just done my second denim derrière perch. Out of 2 scabby saddles I now have 2 decent saddles. Saying that my botty will still end up wet if rains on them.

I have to find that stripped flite and the new piece of leather I bought some time ago. Never finished it, but seeing all your nice recoverd saddles I want to give it a go!

Here's my attempt....knackered flite turned up yesterday (cheers cooie!) so I thought I'd dedicate a couple of hours to re-trimming last night.

I've worked with leather in the past re-trimming the wheel in my 1275GT and have some spare. It's got a grain to it, probably heavier than the original covering but it's worked out really well.

Flite titanium for a tenner! :) Just need to look into options for re-creating the logos now.......

Attachments

• DSC_2140.jpg
    DSC_2140.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 836
  • DSC_2132.jpg
    DSC_2132.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 835
  • DSC_2115.jpg
    DSC_2115.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 835
Back