Bontrager Race Lite

Here are the I-Beams I picked up from the forum.... I've stolen the sellers photo, hope he doesn't mind!

I've moved the chainring on as I want to go more subdued on this build, but I need a suitably plain 110bcd ring in black.... any ideas would be much appreciated!

benbonty":1mv0d11h said:
Stem: Bontrager with integrated bar - beautiful stem with my favourite bar bonded and riveted in to save weight. perfect.

I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. I saw one on eBay 5 or 6 months ago, but got it nipped from under me nose... :x was that you?

Anyways, looks to be a good build.

classen":gdv0dinw said:
I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. I saw one on eBay 5 or 6 months ago, but got it nipped from under me nose... :x was that you?

Anyways, looks to be a good build.

Thank you. No that wasn't me on eBay, this one came with the frame from a seller on here. I have two more which are on two of my other Bontragers, they really are a lovely piece of kit. I'll let you know if I find any more!

benbonty":mut1tyvy said:
Here are the I-Beams I picked up from the forum.... I've stolen the sellers photo, hope he doesn't mind!

I've moved the chainring on as I want to go more subdued on this build, but I need a suitably plain 110bcd ring in black.... any ideas would be much appreciated!

Try spa cycles online shop. They stock rings in all sizes.

benbonty":2v9ikv2q said:
hollister":2v9ikv2q said:
the frame details say 1994

Thanks, I thought either 93 or 94 as mentioned in the first post. When was the front mech roller discontinued?

Mate you have a PM.

benbonty":103l0aoh said:
hollister":103l0aoh said:
the frame details say 1994

Thanks, I thought either 93 or 94 as mentioned in the first post. When was the front mech roller discontinued?

This is going to be a vry nice ride!!! Cant wait to see the full build.

My riding buddy have a similar Race Lite (same colour but with the yellow decals). It maby be a year later (it has no roller). I am goint to build it up for him. he had it fropm new and have done a lot of miles on it... At the momnet it is striped down to the frame. If you by any chance stumple over a 1" RS mag or judy fork please let me know. It have tried to find one out for some time without any luck....

Yetidh9":anv98bsl said:

My riding buddy have a similar Race Lite (same colour but with the yellow decals). It maby be a year later (it has no roller). I am goint to build it up for him. he had it fropm new and have done a lot of miles on it... At the momnet it is striped down to the frame. If you by any chance stumple over a 1" RS mag or judy fork please let me know. It have tried to find one out for some time without any luck....

Thanks mate, I've made some good progress so far but don't ever seem to be at home during daylight hours at the moment to take any photos!! I'm thinking of going for the yellow decals too, not sure yet though, might go for the older style square ones as I really like them. I'll keep you posted on 1" RS, I have a few pairs but they're all allocated to bikes at the moment! If I ever find a nice Bontrager rigid fork, I might be able to free a pair of RS up though!

When are you starting the build? I'll try and get some new photos of mine up this weekend to spur you on!

benbonty":1pehbhvo said:
Yetidh9":1pehbhvo said:

Thanks mate, I've made some good progress so far but don't ever seem to be at home during daylight hours at the moment to take any photos!! I'm thinking of going for the yellow decals too, not sure yet though, might go for the older style square ones as I really like them. I'll keep you posted on 1" RS, I have a few pairs but they're all allocated to bikes at the moment! If I ever find a nice Bontrager rigid fork, I might be able to free a pair of RS up though!

When are you starting the build? I'll try and get some new photos of mine up this weekend to spur you on!

Thanks for keeping an eye for a fork for me. I have not yet started the build. The frame is just hanging from the peg at the moment. I got a spare set of nos yellow decals for it. So I am thinking of stripping the paint and start from the bottom. I got a nice new xt post for it... that s bacically what I got at the moment... So going to collect stuff over some time I recon. But i dont really wanna starte the build before I know that i can source out a fork. A judy sl may also be good for it. But have not seen a propper pairs of these in 1" for a long time...

Back