1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

FluffyChicken":parrw1vs said:
Marz would spoil it.
And the bike is not adjusted to any suspension so 60mm will be long.
When I used 60mm JUDY it rode ok, but the front just felt a bit wrong. Back to 40mm travel MAG's and it was spot on again.

Build another bike or get used to riding retro.
Get some decent brake blocks would be my first choice and play around setting the canti's up.

I have Matthauser Superbrake pads on it, XT canti's and levers and very well set up, its just the wet that it doesn't cope with. I need a bit more bite and I loved Maguras when I had them.

The brakes would be the first move, but won't be soon. I can always try the forks later, you never know, might work well.

As far as getting used to riding retro, or rigid, well it wasn't until recently I got suspension on my modern bikes - I don't mind it, I just want to go faster..... ;-)

Re: rm e

marc two tone":1n5ob7fz said:
i was impressed with the rocky rob. Red forks and decals against the raw alu just ouzes retro! Keep it for ever;-)

I do like it a lot, I might have something special coming up next and I am hoping I won't have to sell this to get it - must get saving!

captaincosmic":10n6bmtl said:
having no brakes is pure retro Rob just adapt your riding style to suit ;)

Ha ha! What was it about that ride that made Rocky Mountain brakes not work??

Thanks all for your kind words.

nice to see this one finished to completion! Nice job Rob! :cool:

i'll echo what most say here, leave it as is. but if it's a must, only suspension fork i say should go on the bike is the one I have on the Cirrus. ;)

Back