mrs s has one

its a good little frame ;)

Picture020.jpg

stubbsy :D

stubbsy":sy2mxqra said:
mrs s has one

What's going on with those bars, Stubbsy? Risers upside down but with a load of steerer tube spacers?

I think its flat bars on that one :) looks a bit like a bend in the pic though.

They are fairly decent then, I thought they were.
Hopefully it will be a good MTB project build for somebod. Otherwise I might mod it or something...

A picture of the rear stays would be useful, to see where/if the canti bosses have been removed - surely there'd be some evidence there? The rack mounts, position of the gear cable stops and brake cable stops suggest it's an MTB frame. Nitanium MTBs (Rockhoppers and Stumpers) used a 30.4mm seatpost if that helps. It does look for all the world like an MTB frame, but why would anyone remove the brake bosses unless they were going to add a disc tab?
The seatstay bridge on my 98 Stumpy doesn't have a hole, it's tapered towards the centre from both sides, the Rockhoppers used a cheaper straight tube , can't remember if they're drilled or not .

Thanks, You are right, once I got that eureka moment that it was an MTB frame, it suddenly all made sense. :? There is some evidence of canti bosses now I'm searching for them. They have also drilled out the bridge one way or another and can't imagine the brake worked great on there. Oh and it is 30.0 seat post in there at mo so maybe not 100% correct size.

Will get afew more pics tonight.

Few pics, I used a spotlight to brighten the dark room, under this light it looks more obvious.
P2263234.jpg

P2263237.jpg

P2263240.jpg

obvious now the drilled bridge

P2263252.jpg

Andy R":4u6hcuuz said:
stubbsy":4u6hcuuz said:
mrs s has one

What's going on with those bars, Stubbsy? Risers upside down but with a load of steerer tube spacers?

not riser, just flat bars with about 5 degree sweep ;) mrs stubbs wouldnt know what a riser was, we have been married a while :LOL:

aye thats a rockhopper.. shame its been brutalised and had its brake mounts removed!

best bike frame ive ever ridden..!

the seatpost size is 30.4

Everyone is saying they ride great. :? Main reasons I've decided to sell as it's not actually a Road/hybrid 700c machine, gah! :oops: and it's actually a longer frame than I prefer even if I am tall, but if it doesn't sell I might have a word with my friendly aeroplane tig weld man and make a bunch of mods, and build it up as something... :D

Back