My dream set of wheels (at long last)....but what are yours?

gtRTSdh":2i3uihqi said:
New M950's and DT swiss 440 ceramics

dsc03024f.jpg

Great collection of wheels you have! What do the M950's and DT swiss 440 ceramics weigh in total out of interest? Love the stealth black nips on these. :cool:

800/1000g with skewers & tape as pictured, DT double butted spokes, don't really know how that compares to anything. Edit - apart from your front at 700g, which is very light, the spokes and build & tape cost £83 which isn't too bad, DT revs are a lot more expensive. . . Glad you approve of the velox tape, of all things!

wheels&colours

there are some nice sets over there... :shock:
I've got a few in my collection also :roll:

Attachments

• wheels 4.jpg
    wheels 4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 905
  • wheels 3.jpg
    wheels 3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 905
  • wheels 2.jpg
    wheels 2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 905
  • wheels 1.jpg
    wheels 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 905
wheels&colours 2.

and more...

Attachments

• wheels 6.jpg
    wheels 6.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 903
  • wheels 5.jpg
    wheels 5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 903
  • DSC05792.JPG
    DSC05792.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 903
  • DSC05794.JPG
    DSC05794.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 903
I upgraded to a set of mismatched wheels on a 1994 Marin Eldridge grade back in day. Front black king on 117ceramic and rear m950 also on 117ceramic, great wheels... And then the bike got nicked.
I loved the 117ceramics, couldn't afford a rear king hub to match the front though. Ran 121 ceramics on m950s after that but the 117 just looked prettier!

Like the wheels I have now, Black Chris King hubs, Black DT spokes, Black DT Swiss FR6.1D rims and Nipples in the colours of the Chris King rasta headset, red, gold and green. Looks really effective.

A_Venables":2d45wgx8 said:
Like the wheels I have now, Black Chris King hubs, Black DT spokes, Black DT Swiss FR6.1D rims and Nipples in the colours of the Chris King rasta headset, red, gold and green. Looks really effective.

You can't say that without pictures, sound awesome!

Here's my dream wheels - on offer at the moment for £899 - so will be dreaming for some time ..... carbon, disc ready and a mere 1470g the pair. Suits you Sir ! Oooh ! :D

Attachments

• fulcrum_wheels.jpg
    fulcrum_wheels.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 639
gtRTSdh":2po8t06r said:
A_Venables":2po8t06r said:

You can't say that without pictures, sound awesome!

The misses has the camara at the min, I'll try get some pics soon, Ive practiced on the spare front wheel with the rasta colour nipples on a 20mm CK hub (which I have no forks for it to fit into! doh.) Ive ordered a set of black spokes for the front QR CK hub I have (on a Mavic 317 disc rim at the moment) which will be rebuilt onto a new DT Swiss FR 6.1D rim I have to match the rear, which just needs the rasta colour nipples putting on, which will be my job for this weekend. :D Ive then got a set of amberwall green wildgrippers on them. Well happy with this combo, atleast when its finished!

Ive been running my dream wheels for the past 14years (best guess... think I was in my 2nd year at Uni, so that puts it at '9:cool:. Used as both everyday commuter, touring, and XC wheels as I have only ever had 1 mountainbike

M950 hubs
X517 SUP CD Ceramic rims
Black DT double butted spokes
Silver DT nips

Cannot begin to express my guttedness to realise that after all this time, the back rim has died, with the eyelets pulling through and some crack forming.

I lost a bit of the ceramic when I got knocked off and the bike hit a rock, but that was 7 years ago and it never got worse. They only ever needed a true once (2 years ago).

I cant understand some of the comments here about 517's, as based on my own experience, these have been incredible. Maybe its the ceramic that makes them more durable....

G

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 624
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 624
Back