Roberts rebuild - show me yours for inspiration

pretty impressive build....especially concering the fact you can only use one arm at the moment ;) :D

Giel":evukkdlz said:
Ha, all bolts are loose :D

*Note to self: don't forget to thighten them up before heading out*

yes, you don't want to brake the other side on your first ride ;)

Rio":2hot8mtf said:
Giel":2hot8mtf said:
Ha, all bolts are loose :D

*Note to self: don't forget to thighten them up before heading out*

yes, you don't want to brake the other side on your first ride ;)

First ride: loose handelbars, cranks and shifters :D I should start heeding my own advice :D

Anyway, bike is nearly done, just a few small bits. Bleed front brake, source and fit nice bar bungs, swap Hope QRs for a set of Syncros which are en route. Replace few remaining blue bolts with standard issue.

Enjoy :)

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Cheers, Giel

funny thing that you called me just as I was admiring your bike!

looks awesome! The fork is really classy, the bar/grip/brake/thumbie combo is just soooo nice!

great pictures too with the sunshine :cool:

Great build, good balanced mix of old and new :cool:
The silver ZTR's look super on this bike
Tubeless, disc brakes, old school geometry and thumbies = great combo :D

Refurb

Lot of hard work and thought gone into this (as well as funds ;) ) But to be honest would I have preferred it rebuilt back to original spec' not the modern approach.
I did this to an early 90's Cindercone and it never just rode the same as the original.

Like World Ranger I am more a fanboy for the authentic build, but no doubt you will have many enjoyable miles with your Roberts, Giel. Good work :)

:oops: Bit of a resurection here...

Thanks for the kind words guys, the ride is still a blast although more bumpy than I remembered it to be. Think I got hooked on suspension while the Roberts was in surgery for a year. Anyway, real man ride rigid, or so I am told :)

Latest posts

Back