Rocky Mountain Cirrus

i like the look of the Cooks on there, they fit the frame/build. ;)

think you need a wide bb axle, like the m730/5… 122mm. someone who actually owns/used a pair and know will probably chime in soon to validate or discredit my input! :LOL:

Rob Atkin":2l5det2k said:
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?

is this your way of trying to get him to give up the seatpost to you? :LOL: ;)

Plnty of seatpost in there, it'll be down past both tubes.

I don't think the frames crack from post problems, the raised seatstay helps that.

Anyways, the only crack one I've seen was around the front seat binder area. A bit of over tightening going on probably.

FluffyChicken":3b8oezyd said:
Plnty of seatpost in there, it'll be down past both tubes.

I don't think the frames crack from post problems, the raised seatstay helps that.

Anyways, the only crack one I've seen was around the front seat binder area. A bit of over tightening going on probably.

Right :D The seatpost is past the the toptube weld and my thinking was also 'the reaised seatstay helps that'. I'm not worried for cracking 'cause the seatpost wouldn't be long enough... The only thing I'm worried about is the seat binder.... as you -Mr. Chicken (or is it Fluffy ? ;) )- said...

Rob Atkin":2k0etkge said:
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?

Are those tyres staying? It would seem a shame to spend that much on a seatpost/cranks etc and then have modern tyres on.

The tires stay in there as long as I can't find (or want to spend money on) some Panaracer Smokes....

....and...ehm.... I didn't spend any money on the cranks... they came with the buy... 175 Euro for the frame with these things on... and some new Magura HS brakes... and PullStar-wheels.. and a non-matching 120mm suspension fork... and other weird stuff on the sale...

I thaught about getting a Syncros fork, but.... this build shouldn't soke up that much money... My challange this time is to NOT make it completely period correct... :? .... :cool:.... and it's damn difficult I percieve right now... always tempting to do it right... but I'm not going to...( :oops: )

Jamis Diablo":14nl6c35 said:
I'm not a big elevated stay fan, but this one is very lovely!

Thanks.... next time I bring it to a (Dutch) retro ride... last Sunday wasn't an option timewise... The location was fine.... Any pictures already ?

mvd1974":110g1nrg said:
I thaught about getting a Syncros fork, but.... this build shouldn't soke up that much money... My challange this time is to NOT make it completely period correct... :? .... :cool:.... and it's damn difficult I percieve right now... always tempting to do it right... but I'm not going to...( :oops: )

your seatpost purchase sorta contradicts that comment about "shouldn't soke up that much money..." :LOL:

about those forks… not a fan of the colours on it. Looks out of place with the rest of the build to me.

Back