pace rc100 restoration. finally finished.

just done about 30 miles on the road, here it is set up for commuting with the skinny slick tyres. got some serious speed going.

Attachments

• IMG_4756.JPG
    IMG_4756.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 726
went into a bike shop to buy an inner tube, you should have seen their faces, spent about 1/2 an hour just looking at the bike.
looking forward to the lakes ride.

Great build. Even have the original Renthal bar & XC pro pedals. I gave up looking for some and resorted to some sub130's and period SPD's. Argos are brilliant...the finish on the RC100 is something else. Did you get yourself a little pot of touch-up paint. Well worth it if you haven't as it takes the pain out of getting the odd nick in the paintwork. As a rider...it will get the odd one here and there. Have not ridden mine since October....it is time to make it feel wanted again.

the bike has already picked up a few paint chips. but i'd rather be using it than scared stiff making a mark on it.
i decided to go with some xt spd's, the first ride i did on it. proved the pedals & straps are not for me.
do i just ask argos to send me some touch up paint or can it be bought somewhere else ?

next on my list is a klein attitude in dolomite paint.

Just ask Argos for some touch up paint. They can normally give you some paint from the pot so batch that they sprayed the bike with. I got some for free but I asked at the time my frame was sprayed.

some pics from the lakes ride.
very nice ride and a good buch of people.
looking forward to the next one.
just need to get my fitness levels up a bit now.

Attachments

• IMG_1067_web.jpg
    IMG_1067_web.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 602
  • dscf1403v.jpg
    dscf1403v.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 602
  • dscf1374.jpg
    dscf1374.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 602
videojetman":3vtq8on9 said:
went into a bike shop to buy an inner tube, you should have seen their faces, spent about 1/2 an hour just looking at the bike.
looking forward to the lakes ride.

:LOL: ....i took my klein into my lbs last year and couldnt get away for about 2 hours....i guess it comes with the territory.....

well i never thought i could top getting the rc100. it has to be my dream bike. but i have now just been able to do a deal on my other dream bike.
a dolomite klein attitude. it was worth selling the litespeed for.
i am so happy. :D

Attachments

• attitude_01_1280x853_156.jpg
    attitude_01_1280x853_156.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 557

Latest posts

Back