alpinestars cromega, updated 9/12/12 page3

ALPINE-STARS , RIDE LIKE A BAG OF POO

how can you say that ?

even with those bits on it it will still be DAMM good

glad you like it jon , they are brilliant in the right conditions

well that was sort of the point for me, i rode a cromega a while ago when i was still in the trade, it was all working perfectly but it just felt wrong and i was really surprised about that as it was all original, having said that it was the larger size than this one.

the reason i bought this one was because i wanted to scratch the e-stay itch and this as you guys know came up pretty cheap.

i expected this to feel a bit poo purely because of the longer than normal fork so when i took it for a quick spin i was pleasantly surprised, no weird steering and that was the main thing i was concerned about, the shorter than normal stem and riser bar probably made up for the extra length in the fork giving a more normal modern feel to the front end.

:D

so after the poll i did the other day about should i re-spec this bike i decided to do some of it today, the poll was a confirmation of what i had already decided really. having looked through the parts i had, the only thing i wouldn't beable to sort would be the front brake as i'll need some canti mounts.

i've had a quick spin around the block and it feels fine, the fork is 420mm a-c and seems to ride right so that's cool, i fitted the panaracer smoke/dart combo i have aswel, so currently it is a nice mix of old school and new school and i think it looks better for it.

:D

Attachments

• asc1.jpg
    asc1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 530
  • asc2.jpg
    asc2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 530
  • asc3.jpg
    asc3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 530
  • asc4.jpg
    asc4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 530
:cool: variation on a popular theme...

...which has given me an altogether 'way-out of the ballpark' idea for mine! :shock:

Back