MOTOR CHAT

ZZ whats happening with your car? Did it get written off?

POsted in chat but'll I'll post here too. Anyone got one of those car roof boxes for sale/loan? Seem to be a lot of dough for a plastic box.

I have one you can borrow K, it has a cracked lock area but I'm still happy to use it. Logistics could be an issue though. When do you need it for?

It is a full width one which means I get 2 bikes on with it :) but the touran is quite wide.

I can't loan you roof bars though. I need them all the time.

kaiser":2g63wqid said:
ZZ whats happening with your car? Did it get written off?
nah, got repaired, but I think it was pretty close. Not feeling the love for it so much after it tried to kill me.

The Ken":2s0edoo4 said:
I have one you can borrow K, it has a cracked lock area but I'm still happy to use it. Logistics could be an issue though. When do you need it for?

It is a full width one which means I get 2 bikes on with it :) but the touran is quite wide.

I can't loan you roof bars though. I need them all the time.

I have roof bars. Could be just the thing TK, I wouldn't mind traveling to pick it up currently struggling to find owt under £100! Was needing it for the end of March.

Do what we do when we go on holiday, take nothing for yoursell just the gear you have on. That and strapping the oldest onto the bonnet of the car, we give hime 50p if he hangs on and does not fall off- he loves it.

Thing to bear in mind Kaiser is it is a round 200 mile trip (and approx £35 in fuel - and the same to return it) to pick it up, is there a mid march ride you could pick it up from? Or even a ride that someone is attending if I'm not.

I'll measure it up tonight but it is an old halfords one, I can get 2 bikes in it too with space to spare - I do that for camping so I have somewhere to put the flysheet for the return if has been pissing down with rain.

I keep meaning to buy a new one in the sales, I'm after a narrower one so I can put more bikes on the roof - or the canoe.

I might need it back for the part of the easter hols but I'll be able to confirm that in the next few days, full hols are 1 April - 15 April 2012

Rumble":3qmgjt67 said:
Oi - that's the mrs's car! Mind I drive a V6 pajero! :LOL:

Aye.

8eee_1_b.jpg

;)

Love that Fiat! If we had one the wife would never get me out of it! :)

Ha ha - that's cool as feck!

Work on the Paj for it's MOT is done - some new pads, a bulb and a couple of welds and we're good for another year (fingers crossed).

Been looking at insurance for the new Fiat today - group 19 ain't cheap is it?!

Back