British Steel

Here's a interesting scan from MBUK (Gil_m has this issue up for sale at the moment if you want the whole thing!)

The Dave Yates frame as the competition prize looks interesting - check out the BB shell.

88138480.jpg

28094890.jpg

29054660.jpg

10305900.jpg

15959739.jpg

83408889.jpg

35396266.jpg

A great read Mr Smith, thank you for posting it, a great addition to your thread... :cool:

the missing Yates Estay.

Does anyone have one, or a better pic/scan,?

Attachments

• 15959739.jpg
    15959739.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,256
Mate i would "LOVE" to see this paint work on your Yates. i loved it back in the day and i think it would look the NOBS... :cool:

It just Screams, "RACE ME"... :shock:

Attachments

• THE NOBS.jpg
    THE NOBS.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,147
Yes - it is growing on me - got to decide which one starts first....

I am thinking Dave Lloyd 1st - the frame is in dire need of loving and the Yates is ridable (when I find a steerer the right length..

Found an article in a magazine about the a Nigel Dean Montana (501 Magnum version of my Nevada). Turns out it is a UK TIG welded frame which makes it pretty unique :cool:

nevadasmith":1wwem6zb said:
Yes - it is growing on me - got to decide which one starts first....

I am thinking Dave Lloyd 1st - the frame is in dire need of loving and the Yates is ridable (when I find a steerer the right length..

Found an article in a magazine about the a Nigel Dean Montana (501 Magnum version of my Nevada). Turns out it is a UK TIG welded frame which makes it pretty unique :cool:

Looking forward to hearing all about it.... :cool:

can you post the review of the Dean mate. sounds like another good read and addition to the thread..?

Adrian they need to be sorted for mayhem , there was some discussions that took place in the lakes!! More to follow soon :cool:

daj":1spnmgg2 said:
Adrian they need to be sorted for mayhem , there was some discussions that took place in the lakes!! More to follow soon :cool:

June - that's do'able :D

Post some pics of your Roberts up here :D

come on mate show your Roberts...

IF not for us.....For Queen and Country... :cool: (and Petes too.....a sexy roberts)

I like the brakes shown on this, colour matched fork, and the correct cable guide on the top tube for the brakes, the devils in the detail.

Attachments

• FORM AND FUNCTION..jpg
    FORM AND FUNCTION..jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Back